The PokéCommunity Forums

The PokéCommunity Forums (
-   Progressing Games (
-   -   Pokemon G/S/C Remake (

JoeFCards July 10th, 2007 10:54 AM

Pokemon G/S/C Remake

It's basically pokemon gold,silver, and Crystal but this time, it's a bit different.

Starter pokemon: Are the same

Maps are the same except for some were I will have new story plots for.

All Pokemon are catchable(not telling how yet)

Don't think this is gonna be a 100% Gold Remake, it'll have its differences.
Extra battles (some'll be optionals, tough but rewarding)
New areas
A few D/P Pokemon
Online battling and trading
More to come...

There are also some HUGE story twists, but I don't want to give them away just yet.

Oh, and if anyone would like to help make the scripts please do so. You will be well rewarded, by being a trainer in the game, and in the credits of the game. Need help with this so far:
-Pokemon Daycare breeding script

Also I have made a site with all of my games I have made, you are free to look around or sign-up and help me with this project.

Vavavoom ♣ July 10th, 2007 11:03 AM

Are you serious? A Johto remake isn't original. I mean, I think there is already 3 or 4 projects that's doing a Johto Remake exluding the extras.

JoeFCards July 10th, 2007 11:07 AM

This is a Game Maker project and is not a hack. And have been working on this for a year since it is just me working on this game.

Vavavoom ♣ July 10th, 2007 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by JoeFCards (Post 2609709)
This is a Game Maker project and is not a hack. And have been working on this for a year since it is just me working on this game.

If it was a hack, it would be in the Emulation Section. But still, I don't think that remaking Johto is original... But it's your project!

haxx27 July 22nd, 2007 10:20 PM

I would definetley play it. I always wondered what G/S/C would be like combined and had better graphics.

nickwarr_182 July 23rd, 2007 2:59 AM

I'd like to see how this turns out! Good luck!

JoeFCards July 27th, 2007 6:44 AM

Why thank you I have been working on this for awhile since it has just been me working on it. But i'm getting there little by little. I'm still working on setting out the sprites, and maps into gamemaker.

JoeFCards February 15th, 2008 11:50 AM

Need people to help me with game maker
I am looking for people to help me that is good with Game Maker 7.0.

Twinx February 15th, 2008 12:18 PM

careful about double posting, it's against the rules, I'm just watching your back man

a G/S/C remake, huh?
I dunno, I sorta agree with everyone else that something more original should be done.
There are many G/S/C remakes and I'm sure you will get bored of making the game because it's gonna lack originality, no matter how much you put into it...

But, it's your game and it's your choice...
Wish you luck anywayz.

EDIT: @ Wichu: He could have edited his post, it doesn't matter that there is a time gap, it's still a double post.

Wichu February 15th, 2008 2:04 PM

Notice the time gap between his two posts. It's not a double post, but I'm sure you should have started a new topic.

JoeFCards April 1st, 2008 12:36 PM

Sorry I have not posted in this topic for a long time I have been really working hard on my project and school work. Please feel free to view updates on this topic on my site... they will be posted before they are posted here. I have all of the sprites, and finishing up with the Pokémon. Also I have finished remaking the maps and have put them into the game, along with the new "Celibi Shrine".