View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2005 (05:02 PM).
Kenny_C.002
Welcome to Rokkenjima

KLS: Uhhhh...yeah I don't tend to do broken things here, tho I make enough mistakes in my time. btw, I'm alright with your lord, but it being a 3/3 for 5 isn't as acceptable as a 3/2 for 5. I'm cool with the rest of it.

Jack:
Viridian Reclaimer
2GG
Creature - Elf Artificer
2/2
2GG, T, Sacrifice an artifact: Add X mana of the color of your choice to your mana pool, where X is the sacrificed artifact's converted mana cost.
Uncommon

This is not a green card. Try red and just plain red mana.

Auriok Screamer
2WW
Creature - Human Soldier
2/2
1W, T: Target attacking or blocking creature gets -X/-0 until end of turn, where X is the number of artifacts you control.
Common

Meh I'm fine with it.

Sylvok Harvester
1GW
Creature - Human Druid
2/2
Protection from black
Whenever an artifact is put into a graveyard from play, you gain 1 life.

Hmmmm....I don't generally like artifact-based cards like this one, so I'll leave it to KLS.

Skyshroud Shinobi
2G
Creature - Elf Ninja
1/2
Ninjutsu 1G (1G, Return an unblocked attacker you control to hand: Put this card into play from your hand tapped and attacking.)
Whenever Skyshroud Shinobi deals combat damage to a player, that player puts the top card of his or her library into his or her graveyard.
Uncommon

That's a blue ability there. Ninja are not supposed to be green to begin with, so shifting it to the blue costs would make it good.

Spellpurger Ronin
2WW
Creature - Nightmare Samurai
2/2
Bushido 2 (When this blocks or becomes blocked, it gets +2/+2 until end of turn.)
When Spellpurger Ronin comes into play, target player discards his or her hand.
When Spellpurger Ronin leaves play, that player draws 7 cards.
"The pandemic insanity had a lasting effect on certain samuraibut no one noticed."
Common

To begin, that's a rare effect there, and should not be in a common card. From what I'm seeing, this ability is more black than white. Not only that, the cost of 4 for such an effect completely warps all possible thoughts. Heck it's so efficient that it'll be in every single discard deck, and immediately 4-of. Sorry, but it's wayyyyyy too broken, since effectively you can force your opponent to discard their hand for massive damage from megrim, and then refill their hand so you can make them discard all of them again with massive damage from megrim again. Try costing it around 4BBB and make it a 3/3 while cutting out Bushido.

Soulpurger Titan
4WW
Creature - Nightmare Giant
4/4
Trample
When Soulpurger Titan comes into play, target player loses all but 1 life.
When Soulpurger Tutan leaves play, that player gains life equal to the life he or she lost when it came into play.
Uncommon

There's a reason why an effect such as this doesn't exist: range. From what I can see, the effect literally makes any poker (pinger) a winning condition (or use the longbow), and red stopped needing all those burn cards because a single shock's enough to win the game. It's one thing that you're doing this to yourself, it's another when you're doing it to an opponent. The verdict? Broken beyond fixing (I seriously don't know how to fix this without reverting to the card you based this on)...and not white.

Worldpurger Seraph
6WW
Creature - Nightmare Angel
6/6
Flying, vigilance
When Worldpurger Seraph comes into play, destroy all other permanents. They can't be regenerated.
When Worldpurger Seraph leaves play, return all permanents in all graveyards to play under their owners' control.
Rare

You do understand that with this you can effectively wrath, geddon, tempest of light, and shatterstorm with a beatstick 6/6 by turn 4 would effectively ruin the game (okay so I CAN push it to turn one, but that's not the point here), right? As we know, sometimes there are things that need certain wordings to make it even possible to play. Luckily this is fixable. To begin, pick either lands or creatures, but not permanents. This seriously cuts down on the cost of the card AND can make it effective still. The second thing is the almighty "if you've played it from your hand" clause. Problem solved on reanimation. Next, I would prefer to see that the second ability be just your opponents getting the actionand not you, since this adds a side effect that justifies the low cost of 8 for such a creature. Do note that there are wayyyy too many words for this card to work anyway. Oh if you still want the effects you mentioned, try a cost somewhere around 12WWWWWWW, and you still need that "played from hand" clause.

Serra's Reclaimation
1WW
Enchantment
1WW: Return target creature card in your graveyard to play.
"'Not even death can stop us from fighting in Serra's name.' - Radiant, archangel"
Uncommon

Broken.