View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2004, 04:00 PM
DarkMage31
RM2K(3) Master

Originally Posted by Avatar
I know its hard, thats why i'd suggest starting from the basics, such as coding attack and items first, by having 1 or 2 pokemons as test subjects (>=D) and then try to AI them and see how it works, well thats just a thought
Yeah, it is mammoth. That's why we want as many people working on it as we can!

Meerkat did a custom Enter Hero Name screen for later ease in the Pokemon battle system. I'm doing a lot with the CMS and navigation of the battle sys, and some graphics. What we have so far is all the basics of a fight in one turn- You see your trainer on screen, you see the pokeball throw just like on the GBA, and then you can select Fight and there is one move, Tackle, that works. I'm incorporating the scenery pan in the beginning and adding all the pkmn into the engine. Here're some screens:

Avatar> And that's what we're doing, it's a whole game, and anyone who wants to help can join. We have ppl doing map design, chipsets, charsets, and everything! It's not just a system. w00ters! However, our first release is most likely just going to be the system because I know a lot of people are looking forward to the release for the CBS so they can use it in their games (we're nice that way). I mean, think about it: wouldn't it be nice to put something together that is used in every single game of this genre from this day on? What a great feeling!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Custom EHN.jpg‎ (36.8 KB, 319 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg CBS1.jpg‎ (45.9 KB, 228 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg CBS2.jpg‎ (39.6 KB, 137 views) (Save to Dropbox)
-DM31