View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2006 (09:20 PM). Edited January 11th, 2006 by prolific_rhapsody.
prolific_rhapsody
Paradox in Paradigm

Nature: Jolly
The question:

Question #3: Pokemon Battle Creativity
It is a double battle against a Pidgeot and a Donphan. The opponent unleash a combo of Donphan using Earthquake, while Pidgeot releases a powerful Air Cutter to hit any flying/levitating Pokemon. Following the listed requirements down below, use a creative way for your two Pokemon to negate/nullify/evade the Earthquake-Air Cutter combo.

Requirements
-Use any narrative to any desired length to answer the question.
-You may alter the effect, appearance or shape of any Pokemon attack, but it must be sensible and within reasons.
-A Pokemon may use any attack it can learn through natural level up, any TM, any HM, any move tutor in any 3rd generation game version and/or any breeding moves.
-"Tanking" the attacks is *not* a way of negative, evading or nullify the attack. Sending a Skarmory to "tank" the attacks does not answer the question.
-The opponent's Pokemon have already unleashed the attacks. Knocking Donphan and Pidgeout out asap will *not* solve the problem. However, if your method of blocking the attack will also knock out Donphan and Pidgeot, you may do so.
-Assume that both of your Pokemon has 24% of their max hp, or less. Abuse this knowledge to the best of your ability, which you probably need to do so.
-The arena is an outdoor, rocky battlefield.
-There is no natural breeze during the day of battle. No Pokemon attacks have altered the cloudy weather.
-You may use any Pokemon of your choice that isn't a legendary, but only one of your Pokemon can be a flying type or has the Levitate ability.
-You may attach any items on to your Pokemon.
-You cannot switch out any Pokemon, or use any items.

Background Information for those who aren't very familiar with Pokemon attacks.
-Both Earthquake and Air Cutter are multi-target attacks. "Follow Me" doesn't work.
-Both attacks cannot be negated by Taunt.
-There are items that activate its special effect when a Pokemon's hp drop below 25%... finding out about them will definitely help you.
-Both attacks can be negated by Detect and/or Protect, but how interesting of a battle can it be if one sides just abuse protect/detect over and over again?

Answer is judged depending on creativity. Answers that rely heavily on luck factor (ex: Air Cutter "misses" the Pokemon as its accuracy is only 85%) will score less than others.

Start your answer with Pidgeot and Donphan unleashing their combo, and immediately end your response when your Pokemon have successfully negated/evaded/nullified the combination attack.

The answer (in story format, if that's okay. If you need the answer in a different way, tell me.):
My pokemon are Flygon and Medichan.

"Pidgeot, Air Cutter! Donphan, Earthquake!" said the opposing trainer, in a desperate pursuit for the victory of the battle.
"Flygon, use your Levitate ability! Medichan, Protect!" yelled Sean, in a rush trying to keep his Pokemon conscious in the fray.

I know that this was a bit of a fakeout, but I'm not very good with questions like this...

"What it all comes down to
Is that everything's gonna be
fine fine fine
'cause I've got one hand in my pocket
And the other one is giving a high five.
"
[Alanis Morissette].