View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2004, 06:08 AM
praetoritevong
Yuuzhan Vong Warmaster

Send a message via ICQ to praetoritevong Send a message via AIM to praetoritevong Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to praetoritevong Send a message via Yahoo to praetoritevong
Well, I've only been writing fanfics for a few months, but I'll admit it plainly: I am a very tough rater. I dunno, while I agree with you that people should not take small errors and just make them big... I do that to an extent EXCEPT that I don't make a big deal in rating. Often, except fro seriously bad fics, the more I write in criticism, the better. I can't be bothered to write complex reviews for people who aren't worth the effort. People who do put in the effort though, I tend to write lots in criticism. However, the difference is that in the actualy rating, I don't make a big deal of it. I may take a quarter of a mark away for a half a page criticism on a point (a little over-exxageration, but u get the point). I just felt I had to point that out, because I've been accused of making too much of small things before; but really, IMHO, many authors can't take criticism. If they see a lot of it, like I tend to write, they see bad written in big fat red pen on their face. Sometimes it just gets ridiculous. I guess what I'm saying is, be careful, and do take into account the person who rates, because everyone rates differently. I simply tend to rate very strictly (like, 8 is a pretty good mark XD)

A masterpiece of human emotive mystery, with a thriller of one final, tormenting twist...

The newest story from Praetoritevong!

Quote:
That's the best story you've ever written.

Quote of the Day: I am only one; But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the one thing I can do.

Quote:
Indeed. Prae is a God.