View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2007, 09:41 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

I'm also on FF.net, with the same user name as I have on here.

As for your other question, I can help you out with that as well.

First of all, Giovanni and Ash never really battled when Ash was going for his eighth badge. There was a problem with something, and Giovanni had to leave the Gym to take care of it. So the Gym was left in the hands of Jessie, James, and Meowth.

Jessie took control of the battle, as her character states. The Pokemon she used in the battle were Machamp, Kingler, and Rhydon. Against them, Ash planed on using Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Pidgeotto. Towards the end of the battle, because of the electrified battle platforms - the trainer feels the pain of the Pokemon! - Ash nearly fainted, and had just enough strength to release Pidgeotto. And because now Team Rocket is losing, Jessie sends out Arbok and Weezing. Pikachu shocks them all.

That's the gist of it, when Ash was going to get his last badge before the League. As soon as he won the last badge, he and the others returned home to find out more information about the League.

So Ash's team was: Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charizard, Squirtle, and Pidgeotto. If I recall correctly, which I'm probably not. <_<;

Seeing as how you've been out of the series for a while, I doubt that you were talking about the "Mewtwo Returns" movie, which came out in the Johto arc.