Can't compile scripts in Pokescript when you right-click the script? Read here.
View Single Post
October 21st, 2007 (09:40 AM). Edited November 10th, 2007 by Pieman.
Crystal Advance Maker
Join Date: Oct 2007
*** NOTE: For some reason, the Pokescript site is down. ***
For any of you that
get the "Compile Script" shortcut menu function, make sure your scripts end in .rbc. If they don't, open them, click "Save As...", select "All Files" from the file type box, and save as "somename.rbc". If that doesn't work, you most likely didn't install your file associations correctly.
1. Use the
file that you see on the pokescript website. Run it and ignore anything that it says about modifying the registry; this file is safe. It will clean out all file extensions related to PokeScript in the registry.
2. Uninstall Pokescript and any PkmnADV database you installed.
3. Download a fresh copy of Pokescript.
4. Install Pokescript.
5. Now download the PkmnADV database installer.
SAVE IT TO THE SAME DIRECTORY YOU PUT POKESCRIPT IN
6. Run the installer and extract the database to the same folder Pokescript is in. If it does not have the Pokescript directory in the location to install, then put the correct directory there.
7. Do not run the Pokescript installer again after the database installs. Close it.
8. Go to the Pokescript directory and run PokeScript.exe.
9. A log window should pop up that looks like this:
10. If your log window does not contain the four lines that start with "REGISTERED", you did something wrong, and the file associations are
registered right. Start over from Step 1. Otherwise, compiling scripts should now work. Try right-clicking a .rbc file that was properly saved. If "Compile Script" appears, then the associations are set correctly. Otherwise, make sure your user account has Administrative permissions, as a last measure.
IF ALL ELSE FAILS AND YOU STILL CANNOT COMPILE SCRIPTS, TRY THE MANUAL COMPILING METHOD. IF THAT DOES NOT WORK OR YOU WANT ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE WITH THE FILE EXTENSIONS, ASK AWAY.
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Pieman
Find all posts by Pieman
Find threads started by Pieman
Ignore Posts by Pieman