View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2007 (4:13 PM).
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to axlefoley
Where would this take place? I never really thought about this one but it would be a new region Which would probably lead you into another question, Why would he go there? Well why not we aren't told why Red starts in kanto, we aren't told why Elm lives in New Bark Town.

Why is Giovanni reformed? Because after what happened in Viridian City he saw being evil would get him no where, that and the police got a hold of him because a member of Team Rocket ratted him out.

Why do you start underground? Well this one is easy to explain Giovanni is a ground type trainer and all the starters have a ground type or will have so starting in an underground town makes sense

Why would anyone want to capture Giovanni if he's not even an evil pokemon master anymore? He isn't now but he was. They figure that they can convert him back and get him on the side of evil again. and the team would more or less be team rocket ie some Members of team rocket who don't want to let their ways die decide to make their own team (or maybe even keep team rocket it actually makes sense to me right now)

If the hero is trying to save Giovanni,why would he take the time to fight for badges and the Elite Four? I told you my scripting is limited

Originally Posted by Erimgard View Post
Now, if you really like the whole concept of Giovanni getting kidnapped and an Island Quest, I'd suggest something more along these lines:

The team that kidnaps Giovanni is in fact, Team Rocket itself I would try and make that hidden so you actually have to find out who the team that kidnapped him are.

They are tired of TRYING to get him back [as they did in G/S/C] and kidnap him and reveal their evil plan to him in hopes that he'll join forces with them again and give them a strong leader once again.
However, since he's reformed, he refuses, and Oak gives you a starter and sends you on a mission to find Giovanni The whole idea was for Giovanni to actually have been seen and done all that stuff before he gets kidnapped.

Now for Gyms...well, use your could have to battle your way through "Rocket Bases" instead of gyms. That way it makes sense. you're not just stopping along at every gym you see and wasting time ya know?
And after you defeat the 8 Rocke Bases, you find where Giovanni is, and have to defeat 4 Rocket Admins to free him [instead of the Elite Four] It makes more sense than my idea but in a strange way I don't like it I guess I am still a bit of a traditionalist I would have to let that Idea grow on me. Or maybe every Gym leader is a member of team rocket secretly. How and why I don't know yet I would have to work on that one.

then once he's free, he tells you about this Island that no one knows about, because you've proven yourself worthy.

anyway, just some suggestions to make the plot more usable
let me know what ya think
And good luck, I like your imaginiation!
Your suggestions are pretty good and I may make changes to the storyline based upon some of them (i.e. maybe the whole rocket base thingo) I just put in bold some of my thoughts about it. But also just a little note I would expect plotholes in all the ideas here because it is a Quick Storyline Idea Thread which means rough and ready to be expanded upon.

Click here to feed Herman a Rare Candy!
Click here to feed Horrace a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!