View Single Post
Old January 1st, 2008, 03:22 AM
Ivysaur
The Seed Pokémon

Send a message via Skype™ to Ivysaur
Oh, a post full of bugs. Let's see how many ones I can explain as tester of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWing View Post
- When challenged to a trainer battle, hero's overworld does not orient to face the challenger.
In Fire Red it doesn't happen too.

Quote:
- Upon battling Rival before ILEX FOREST, Rival's icon in the ensuing character bar appears as a question mark (mentioned before, I believe, but no fix possible?).
Known, doesn't know if that can be fixed.

Quote:
- Trainer pre-battle "challenge" music is always the sinister theme regardless of the trainer being fought, all the way up to Route 35, where I am now in the game. One exception is when facing a female ROCKET GRUNT in SLOWPOKE WELL, the script of whom was redone after most of the other trainers were completed, and OFFICERs around GOLDENROD. This even applies to TRICK HOUSE trainers.
Known, Zel thinks it's a problem of the people id. used.

Quote:
- GOLDENROD CITY RADIO TOWER plays the Rocket/Evil music even on first time entering (when it is peaceful).
Actually it has the evil theme ALWAYS >.< And I hate it!!! Guess there is no way still to script the music.

Quote:
- I believe the SPEAROW given by the guard on ROUTE 35 is nicknamed "KENYA."
And it doesn't belong to you, either -you appear as its OT-. But there is still no way to improve the script.

Quote:
- I have also encountered the name truncation bug after saving normally (through the menu) on Route 30, where I first noticed my Pokemon gaining "boosted" EXP points during battle. This is my first time encountering such a bug. No other "bad ROM" bugs whatsoever have ever applied to me with respect to SG or any other FR hack I've played on this forum.
Mysteries of the game. I found two bad eggs in my PC when in Fuchsia.

Quote:
- Person in GOLDENROD DEPT. STORE still mentions "PokeGear" (perhaps others?):
Ups.

Quote:
- Inappropriate scene-cut image when entering certain areas (e.g. Dark Cave):
Known, no known way to fix it.

Quote:
Item screen image for POKEBEEPER (perhaps other key items) seems wrong:
None of the key items images have been modified.

About the three first tile problems, well, zel doesn't care about it until the last release "
But none of them seem too serious, there are other ones much more evident.

Quote:
- AIDE in VIOLET CITY Pokemon Center walks through hero's overworld after relinquishing the egg:
Actually there is a way to fix it, but it's kinda long. I will tell zel and see what does he think.

Quote:
- It is possible to overshoot SPROUT TOWER stairs, showing the hero moving one tile beyond the stairs in his ascend/descend:
Really old, since B1.

The train thing has already been discussed, and the labels in the maps are a complete mystery for me. And the gramatical errors... well, they are easy to fix.

Mario | A mí nadie me dijo de vos

Last edited by Ivysaur; January 1st, 2008 at 03:29 AM.