View Single Post
Old April 3rd, 2006 (11:50 AM).
Kurosaki

Quote originally posted by + Mika +:
I completely agree. It only shows laziness if you can't type out an appearance. Pictures of outfits that are overly complex are fine but make sure you upload them to your own server. As a Web Master, I can't tell you how many times I've found my images linked without credit. It eats our bandwidth and to be honest, hot linking is just plain rude to the people who wrote out their descriptions. It takes an extra 20ish minutes sometimes to type out that appearence but once you complete it, you have that image in your mind and it doesn't leave
Not to mention there are services like Photobucket and Imageshack capable of hosting the images for you, so there really is no excuse for hotlinking. As for the typing appearance > picture thing, thats really each individuals own preference. I can't really see a problem if it's a full body shot, but if the picture shows like half the body, it tends to get annoying. If you can see the entire front of a picture, it isn't really hard to picture the back side. Now, on the topic of typing the description up, I can't stand people who type extremely long appearances, delging into uneeded details. Also, I find it hard to properly describe the appearance of the human body, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. (Not to mention I'm about as creative as a rock, XD)

Anyways, I'll move this to the RP Lounge~