View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2008 (02:27 AM).
Team Kalos
Silver Tier

Nature: Adamant
Also, the Grunt's legs don't fit with his head (too short). I imagine a lot of those Trainer sprites are Frankensteins?

Anyways!:

The map is beautiful, the place names are good, and what you've shared of the story is exceptional! The name "Black Earth" is terribly frightening and cool.

My complaints/suggestions:
-Does Black Earth yet have a REASON for wanting to throw the world into chaos? Is this going to be kept a secret? I do so love surprises!
-Fakemon are a big turn-off for a lot of people, myself included. But if you're set on including them, why not make two more birds to complete the spectrum (ROYGBIV)? Orange and Violet legendary birds!
-Like has been said, you need a bit more experience with tiling, but I'm sure you'll sort that out.
-Your Gym Leaders look a bit boring, where Gym Leaders are usually over-the-top and flamboyant, or at least distinguished in some way. Throw a mustache on of those guys, give that girl's skirt a funny pattern. Just something to consider!

All in all, it's looking very good. I don't usually post in threads like these, but from reading your blurb about the story (which was actually written with decent grammar, by the way!), this seems like a smart and reasonably well-executed idea that I wish to support. It's like the standard Pokemon story with added depth.

I'd stay away from Fakemon if I were you, though. Word to the wise.
i am a heron. i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak. if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans