View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2008, 12:53 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
Adam: You haven't been playing much recently, have you? :P
Genetics is cool, but remember Special is split into Special Attack and Special Defense.
Also, Natural Cure and Inner Focus already exist (Natural Cure heals status when switched out, Inner Focus prevents flinching).

Timmy: More generic elemental attacks? Could be useful before the player has access to TM24, TM38 and HM03. Aura Beam is a nice idea. I don't like the name though - how about Aura Blast (is that what it's called on SSBB?) or Aura Storm. The ability is cool, although, like Guardian suggested, change the name to Wide Range. You wouldn't have to worry about it being overpowered, as in double battles, moves that target both opponents have reduced power. I'd make it only apply to damaging moves, as statusing both foes is overpowered (as Darkrai showed). And I don't think Lucario should get it (it already has 2 abilities anyway). Maybe Octillery should get it?

Rubii: Awesome ideas! This is what I mean when I say 'new move effects'. May I suggest Volbeat and Illumise to learn Attack Link and Union Link, and Zangoose and Seviper to learn Siphon Link?

Shadow King: Moves with Shadow in their name are always Ghost-type, and the name doesn't really fit the effect. How about Abyss Force? Ground Whirlpool, apart from going over the 12-char limit, is a lot like Sand Tomb. Unless you mean 25 HP lost? You could call it Quicksand... And Palkia doesn't need a Roar of Time clone - it already has Spacial Rend.

Skele: Heartbreak is cool, but I don't understand - it stops the attraction when you use it, but still drains the opponent's HP? Geyser is an awesome idea. I'd lower the flinch chance to 20%, and make it only work if the move has no other added effect, like King's Rock. Giratina and Arceus already have special moves, though. Here's a list of all legendaries which haven't got a signature move/ability yet: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit. (I've done the Regis.)
As for your questions:
1. Yes, there will be breeding.
2. Pickup will be like Emerald, Diamond and Pearl - the higher level it is, the better stuff it will find.
3. Yes, you'll lose the Pokémon (I don't want you to be able to clone with it).
4. Seeing as legendaries are probably older than the fossils, I don't think they should be affected.