View Single Post
Old April 30th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Glitchfinder
Let's all get along, please?

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessMonkey View Post
Can someone help me out with this small problem?

I need help editing my tileset because I want to add D/P's natural features (trees, etc.) for use in my game.

Great! Well now I got the trees from whack a hack (only place that seems to have them...) and they are too small for my RMXP tileset, how would I go about editing them in GraphicsGale? I see everybody else with these same trees and when I ask for help no one seems to know how to do it. I know how to use the grids but getting the tiles bigger and making them look right is where I seem to fail.

[Funny, I fail.]
Well, the problem you're having is that they simply won't share their tilesets. That's because they've spent a long time working on them for their games, either through ripping them from an emulator or through screenshots. In either case, they got them at the original size (which is bigger than you got), and then they edited them to standardize them. To see an example, look at the Pokemon Gale - The Geor Adventure thread. The first couple of posts that have game info (other than the first one, which has been edited), have a drastically differet tileset from the well done one they are currently using. I believe that there's even a post somewhere in the thread showing a procession of the improving game screenies, as per an earlier request of mine.

Glitchfinder's Scripts