View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2008 (02:45 AM).
Hiroshi Sotomura
Top of the Class

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by DNA:
Just a few things on the current Beta...

Are you planning on changing the Pokemon names to small caps? I know you've done it with people and places, but what about Pokemon?

When your father gives you the Running Shoes it randomly uses a different name I think. I might not of been paying attention :P

Where the National Pass is required, south of Mason, the guard says "SOUTH Rijon". Should this be small caps?

Overall I have loved the game so far, the aesthetic changes are nice too. For some reason it reminds me of R/S :P

EDIT: Also, I'm sorry if you know this, but to the left of the southernmost house in Hayward City there is a hidden Rare Candy. When you pick it up you get eight Rare Candies :P This is fairly common place in hacks, I'm not sure what causes it...

EDIT 2: Just north of Hayward where you battle your rival the movement script only works well if you are right up against the left set of trees. If you are not your Rival will not talk directly to you and may end up walking through you!

Sorry about posting all these :P
I've gone and solved a lot of those errors already. It's not your dad with the wrong name - he's giving the shoes to the WRONG NAME (calling you "Nino").

I don't plan on decapitalising Pokémon names - that can be left to a patch if needed. Names of items, people, and other phrases, were decapitalised to conform with changes made by Nintendo of America's apparent new loathing of capitals (reflected in Diamond and Pearl, Fire Emblem, etc.). The attack names and items should conform with the way Diamond and Pearl has them.

You notice a Ruby/Sapphire feel? That's not hard to figure. I originally planned to give the game a Hoenn-like feel. XD

As for what causes the silly Rare Candy, AdvanceMap causes it. (That, and the rival error, are repaired [or should be] in the beta I'm seeding to testers.)

I appreciate the long comment you made. Makes me a little better-feeling after the boredom I suffered today. :x

I conclude with an update for this thread! (Not very important.)

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.