View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2008 (07:37 AM).
Unlimited NiGHTS
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Unlimited NiGHTS Send a message via Yahoo to Unlimited NiGHTS
Quote originally posted by Alter Ego:
I struggle to find any similarities between this and Wiseman save for the monster type and attribute. I mean, this one isn't even nomi like the latter is. x.O

You're sending monsters to the Graveyard to Summon either one. "Neos Wiseman", however, is not protected against the effects of all monsters, just the ones that destroy. This card, however, has better protection than that.

Umm...if that makes Supernova broken then what do you call Magical Hats? Pick double Dark Coffin and you get free deck thinning, monster protection, monster flipped face-down (nice for flip-floppers) and gain on the CA, rather than just breaking even like you'd do if you set from your hand. Seriously, synergy with what are otherwise very situational cards doesn't make a card broken.

Sorry, I missed the fact that "Wandering Deity" only gets effects if you Tributed for him. Never mind my comment.

As much as I'd like to ask where that came from, I think it's preferable for my sanity if I don't. :x

Bastion plays a Yokai Deck in the manga.

Parallel Existence Field
Field Spell

When your opponent activates a Field Spell card while this card is on the Field, this card is not destroyed. If this card is activated while your opponent controls a Field Spell card, your opponent's Field Spell card is not destroyed. When this face-up card on the Field would be destroyed, it is flipped face-down instead. When a non-token Monster on the Field would be destroyed, activate an effect depending on the type of destruction:

Battle: Place one Physical Destruction Counter on the Monster and it is not destroyed (Damage Calculation is applied normally). If the Monster already has a Spiritual Destruction Counter on it, remove the Monster from play face-down.

Card Effect: Place one Spiritual Destruction Counter on the Monster and it is not destroyed. If the Monster already has a Physical Destruction Counter on it, remove the Monster from play face-down.

Tremble in fear at the wordiness! >O *Shot* Seriously, any way to keep this in official terminology while cutting down on this ginormous word count would be much appreciated.
So, basically, this lets us have one Field Spell each, and somewhat protects our monsters, but then spells certain doom for them (unless you can play "Primal Seed") if they do get killed. Interesting, but that's about all.

Evil Hero Spark Dancer
DARK Fiend-Type/Fusion/Effect
Level 8 ATK 0 DEF 2000

"Elemental Hero Sparkman" + "Elemental Hero Burstinatrix"
This card cannot be Special Summoned except with "Dark Fusion". When this card is attacked, remove this card from play and end your opponent's Battle Phase. Special Summon this card in Attack Position on your next Standby Phase when this effect is activated, ignoring the Summoning conditions. When this card attacks a monster, negate the attack and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the attack target's Level × 400.

Elemental Hero Candlelight Dancer
LIGHT Warrior-Type/Fusion/Effect
Level 8 ATK 0 DEF 2000

"Elemental Hero Sparkman" + "Elemental Hero Burstinatrix"
This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon. When this card attacks or is attacked, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the Level of your opponent's monster × 300.

Eh, just some weird thing I came up with.