View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2008 (06:15 AM). Edited December 20th, 2008 by DARKSHADE.
Waiting.. In the Shadows..
Team Hoenn

Nature: Adamant

banner made by shadow_dark_chaos

A PKMN COLOSSEUM REMAKE FOR GBA TO RE-ENJOY THE AMAZING STORYLINE OF POKEMON COLOSSEUM!!!!!

This is a Hack of Fire red
And is called "pokemon colosseum:advance"

storyline:
Spoiler:
This main storyline is set in the world of Orre and is based around the “Shadow Pokémon.” These Pokémon to describe it simply have had the doors to their hearts shut off. Your mission is to travel the world of Orre and rescue these shadow Pokémon.
Whilst travelling the world of Orre you may come across trainers who have shadow Pokémon in their party, when you seem these Pokémon, you can snag them from the trainers. However you can only do this with shadow Pokémon, and no others. Shadow Pokémon are the only Pokémon that you can catch in the entire game with the exception of one, which you actually unlock later in the game.
To catch a shadow Pokémon you have to first weaken it, the basics from the original Pokémon games is back with that idea. When the Pokémon is weak, you may throw a snag ball at the shadow Pokémon and attempt to capture it. Should you make the shadow Pokémon faint then you may have to battle the trainer again in order to capture it, however some Pokémon when you make them faint you will not have another chance to capture, until a lot later in the game.
Once you capture a shadow Pokémon you then have the task of unlocking the door to its heart and emotions once again. To unlock the door you have to battle with the Pokémon, every time you battle with a shadow Pokémon, the gauge (which you can see under the Pokémon’s name in battle) will go down slightly. You will notice that when you pass certain points on the gauge (marked on there with a line) you will unlock new attacks for that Pokémon that it had forgotten due to this lock being in place. It is important that you unlock the doors to Pokémon’s hearts because they will not be permitted to enter some tournaments and also sometimes they will not obey so to speak. They only have one attack to start with but if you start to use the moves that they unlock as the door to their heart becomes to weaker, they start to disobey from time to time. Once the door is unlocked you can use any of the attacks they know without them disobeying.
As you move further through the storyline you will learn that to ‘purify’ a Pokémon you have to weaken the door until the gauge has dropped to nothing and then take it to a sacred place and then the door can be unlocked fully. This allows you to use all of their attacks with no problem, and they will be permitted to enter all of the tournaments. There is another way to unlock the door to a Pokémon’s heart and that is for them to see a Celebi. This is only possible with the help of a key item called a Time Flute, now there are only so many of these within the game, so you should use them wisely.
Again, as you move further through the storyline you will also see more and more of your favorite Pokémon. You will even see some legendary Pokémon, and are able to catch some of them. The legendaries I won’t say which they are, but they are very quick and very strong so they are a great addition to your team, and you only get one shot at catching them so you need to make sure that you catch them. They are a pain to catch and can get you quite frustrated, however if that happens, you should come off the game for a while and take a break, as I find that I have more success when I’m not obsessed with catching the Pokémon =].
I think that this storyline is very good, and it kept me interested for hours. It is a very straight forward storyline, but only if you keep up with what is going on and don’t skip the dialogue. If you do, you can become quite stuck for what to do and can take you a while to get back on track. Another thing that may stop you from having the very straight forward storyline is if you don’t purify the shadow Pokémon, as it is very important you do this so you can use all of their abilities without a hitch. The final thing that I can think of that would possibly make you struggle is if you do not catch any of the legendary Pokémon, as these guys are very important in helping you through the game.
This game is definitely worth the buy just for the storyline as it does keep going for a while, easily over 20 hours if you do it properly and don’t rush. It is quite an interesting one too that can get you hooked a little.
There are some setbacks however to the storyline. There are no mini games or side quests so to speak of with this storyline. The only thing that you can really do is to take part in the Mt.Battle challenge and complete it. There is a very nice prize available should you complete the challenge. This challenge is a nice legendary Pokémon which is even better than the ones you come across in the storyline. However there are conditions that need to be met. Other than this there are not many side quests you can do, there are couple of things post game you can do which are story lined really, these you find out by email. However the main thing, and most fun thing, is to purify all of the shadow Pokémon (48 to be exact).
Another setback for the storyline is that you cannot roam so much, on the other GBA games such as Ruby and Sapphire; you get a lot of room to roam, travelling from city to city by foot or by sea. I think that travelling like that is a nice idea and gets the player in that mood to explore and possibly discover new things. However with Pokémon Colosseum you do not get this freedom. You still travel from city to city, however this is in an animation where you are on a bike (which looks quite cool to be honest) and not be foot or by sea. This is a good thing in a way as you get to where you want to go a lot faster than you would in the game boy advance games, and I understand that without the ability to catch Pokémon there is not as much point having the ability to roam about, it is still nice to be allowed that freedom from time to time. So it is a setback depending on how much freedom you like to have.

all help is welcome even if its like a really small task like making 1 sprite

thx to big steve eveon and dark cookie i can now implement shadow pokemon in the game!

screenshots:
Spoiler:
agate village:

the hero sprite is a bit out of date so here is the new one:

maps:
Spoiler:

PHENAC CITY:

videos:
Spoiler:
none yet

credits:
Spoiler:
Alistair and Pounder_Zeikku for tiles/sprites

looking for recruits....... (if you want to become a recruit please look at the team thread: )

TEAM:
Spoiler:

ELEMENT: MAPPER
CHARIZARD19:MAPPER
TURTWIGTOON:MAPPER
HOCKEYPANDA32:MAPPER AND TILE MAKER
TCRIPTING
GAMER 2020 :BETAS TESTER AND OW SPRITER
HAPPYFACEINCPRITER (DAMN GOOD ONE!)
POKEMONCRAZYPRITER (DAMN GOOD ONE!)
SUPERSHADOW:TILE MAKING AND SPRTING
LUKEH:BETA TESTER AND OTHERS IF IN NEED OF HELP
SHADOWLURKER:GENERAL HELP IN FINDING THINGS
0M3GA ARS3NAL: ADVANCE SCRIPTING
ME: SPRITER & OW SPRITER AND MAPPING

support banners:

Spoiler:

Banner made by lukeh slightly edited by me!

banner made by: me
[/B]
message ended

screenies coming soon:

message ended for real lol!