Thread: [Tool] Swampert Tools Showcase
View Single Post
Old June 17th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Swampert 22
Is making tools for you...

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey85 View Post
Hello, great job on the utilities! I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

I was just wondering, how plausible is it to create a program for the Pokémon games that graphically displays the trainer's Pokémon in a save file (in the storage system and party) and allows for organization/listing, etc. of said Pokémon?

I'm basically talking about recreating Professor Oak's Lab from the Pokémon Stadium games (well, preferably in the new style of the PC storage system where you grab and move the Pokémon on a grid-like setup, but either way).

The program would probably have to be compatible only with one game, but it would be pretty awesome if it were compatible with all of them somehow.

Basically everything that is necessary to do this is (I believe) in the Pokesav program, but naturally no one has the source code (except the maker). But you seem like the kind of guy (Swampert) who would know how to go about this... thoughts?
Don't worry, you are in the right place! Welcome to PokéCommunity by the way, and I'm glad you like my tools.

What you're suggesting isn't that extreme. I understand that would be useful as a utility, but as far as hacking existing save games go, I have no experience, and to make a program compatible with all games would take some going.

Don't get me wrong, it is possible, but would take a lot of research and development. I'll see what I can find out when I get my other current projects done

I've made some tools for Pokémon hacking! Please check out the thread... Swampert Tools Showcase

Head over to my thread to check out my latest tool, Pokémon Red/Blue Trainer Editor!

Visit my site for Pokémon ROM Hacking tools! Swampert Tools Homepage