View Single Post
Old June 22nd, 2008, 03:01 PM
Ragnarok Knight
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok Knight View Post
Well, I have one I've been tossing up in my mind for a while. It's heavily inspired by the Half-Life 2 series, so expect some, uh, homages. ;

The opening sequence starts off with some man in a suit (G-Man lookalike), talking to you about how you've been selected to 'perform a task' by some higher power.
He asks you for your last name, and explains that because his relationship with you is purely business, he'll refer to you as that. He tells you that he can only slightly aid you, and also that this 'higher power' will reveal itself soon. You awake in a truck, and as you awake, you're stumbling through the starter town for the Ruby/Sapphire series (Can't recall the exact name...). Your mom will come to you, see that you appear to have bumped your head, and will ask you for your first name. The name you give her will be the name on your trainer card, and such. You'll start things off with Professor Freeman giving you a choice between Totodile, Treecko, and Charmander. Throughout the beginning of the game, your quest will be basic: just like all of the other Pokemon games. However, after you get your third badge, things start to get weirder and weirder. Your rival will follow you in storyline events, and often offer a good deal of help. (Wasn't it Lance that did that in G/S/C?) However, before each story event, you'll see a sprite of the G-Man in the area before every story event. As the plot moves on, Team Lambda, a crime syndicate thought to have disbanded long ago and was the forerunner to Teams Aqua and Magma, appear between cities and will try to convince you not to listen to this 'higher power,' or they threaten to have to take you out themselves. Once you get you get your eighth badge, the man in the suit will appear, and tell you that you're performing well. He'll say that because of your rival's performance, they've been put on your mission as well. The player will then be left to complete the Elite Four challenge. However, a Team Lambda officer will inform you that by defeating the Elite Four, you will have fulfilled your purpose. They will refuse to hinder your progress further, but they will tell their 'friends' to protect you. Once you have done so, you'll be whisked away to an office. The G-Man will personally battle you, and he'll do so with some uber-high level pokemon. You will lose, no matter the effort. This time, however, instead of being shot back to your last save or a near pokemon center, your rival will come to save you with the aid of Dialga and Palkia. You will be whisked back to the Champions Hall, where your rival, the champion you had fought in the challenge earlier, will explain to you that Darkrai had hired the G-Man as way of communicating with you. After she had been closely behind you on the badge competition, he imprinted the G-Man into her mind as well. You'll choose between Dialga or Palkia, who have joined you and your rival as an attempt to combat their mutual enemy. Your rival will get the one you don't choose. After you find your way back to the office, the G-Man will step aside, and reveal Darkrai. An epic battle ensues where you can catch Darkrai, and when it ends, the G-Man greets you again, and congratulates you. He talks about how well you performed, and says that he must speak with his superiors. Afterwards, the credits will roll, and you'll be back in front of your house, free to roam around the game and do the original ROM's Legendary quests and fill your pokedex.

Phew! I'm burned out after thinking all of that up.
I hope I didn't break any rules or anything by doing this. It's been forever and a day since I frequented these forums. Say, is this even doable in the Pokemon Engine, or is it barely possible? If so, how does the story sound? If it sounds kind of rushed, it was at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZazzyMango View Post
I have an idea...

Name: Pokemon: The Secret of Elysium
Hack of: FR

Setting: The future of Kanto (which is very polluted), Elysian Isles
Story: You're a prestigious Pokemon trainer on your way to the league and you've completed your Pokedex (except for legendaries); fangirls tremble at your presence. You're dad is a scientist who is invited by an elite group of scientists to explore the south seas. he accepts. he also pulls MANY strings in order for you to be able to go as well. What a guy.
After the boat lands on an island. you explore a bit and battle some of the wild pokemon. they are incredibly strong (for level 3-4 pokemon) and make your lv. 45 pokemon look like pansies. apparently there's some kind of force that makes non-island pokemon signifigantly weaker than the native pokemon. convenient, eh? anyways, as you go back to base camp, you see a blue pokemon, unconscious and in the rain. you pick it up and HOLY CRAP IT'S CHARMANDER! but blue? it has a green scratch on its eye, so some magical entity, the boss pokemon (yes I said boss pokemon, NOT legendary) gave it a scar (which somehow changes its entire body structure... Harry Potter much?)

you train your lil buddy and explore the island, as the scientists/dad study why the pokemon are so different.

also, some pokemon (cave pkmn, swamp pkmn, sea pkmn, mountain pkmn) are differently colored as well.

I don't have much skills as a mapper or scripter, but I'm getting the hang of things.
by the way I do have sprites of charmander and his evolutions, as well as other pokemon
The boss Pokemon sounds reminiscent of De Rol Le from Phantasy Star Online: Episode One. Sounds pretty cool, actually.

Last edited by Ragnarok Knight; June 22nd, 2008 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.