Thread: Absol tales.
View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Crimson Arcanine
The majestic and mythical

Nature: Calm
A good chapter, seems a little rushed, but overall it doesn't hurt the flow too much.

As the above reviewer pretty much summed up everything i'll end with my options about the two questions you have presented.

The length for a chapter can vary greatly, and theres no real minimum or maximum for chapter length. The best incidation in my opinion is the reviews you get. Generally if the reviewers are telling you its rushed or needs description, then in most cases that is a very good sign that your chapters are too short. Not too helpful here where only a few review fiction however. Its also possible for a chapter to be too long but I find that is a lot rarer.

In answer to your second question, its dependant on how you see the "pokemon world" in general. If you go by the anime, you get a rather unusual mix. Ingame, there are references to people eating Pokemon, the main ones being focused on the pokemon Farfetch'd, the second is refered to in two books located in the Canalave Library which have references to the comsumption of Pokemon by people as a food source.

The first is from a book in the game known as "Sinnoh Folk Stories". If you read part one, you get this

"Pick clean the bones of Pokemon caught in the sea or stream.
Thank them for the meals they provide, and pick thier bones clean.
When the bones are as clean as can be, set them free in the water from which they came.
The Pokemon will return, fully fleshed, and it begins anew."

The second is from another book in the same library known as "Veilstone's Myth". In it, it has this:

"...With it(a sword), he smote Pokemon, which gave sustenance, with carefree abandon
Those not taken as food, he discarded, with no afterthought.
The following year, no Pokemon appeared. Larders grew bare..."

Although these are but myths, they clearly show signs that at least in the past, from the games point of view, that people did actually eat pokemon for substenance and not just occasionally.

But do remember, it is ultmately up to you how you present the world. It is entirely possible for a much larger percentage of vegetarians to exist. You need not change things if you do not want, since as the writer its entirely up to your interpidation. I have wrote fiction relating to the the live birth of some pokemon,which goes against whats shown in the game and the anime.

I hope that helps you out.

Resident Senile Old Fool

Year Of The Eevee - 2008
Now that it is 2013....this is just here for rememberence sake