View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2008 (9:27 PM). Edited November 1st, 2008 by ShadowDeeps.
Nature: Gentle
As of this moment, "Still Fighting It" by Ben Folds:

And "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter:

As well as "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" by Oasis:

And "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd as well:

All four songs rather hit soft spots for me without causing a breakdown but at the same time they convey the notion of that younger spirit I feel may be inside of all of us that would rather just view the world in simple terms and harken to simple things, as well as just letting go when adversity is brought upon our lives. I almost feel like nothing could be unrequited when listening to songs of the sort, and that love - and all human emotions - are nothing but mutual - but that such emotions could still leave scars great enough to cause one to wallow in such sentiments in the search for fulfillment. All four songs are upbeat yet downbeat and limpid yet confident to me. But they soothe and fulfill the hollow of my soul in a way that many other songs do not, convincing me to just move on suasively (as well as offering very human and amiable tones), but in a very poignant way.

Though, without being any more verbose the songs themselves remind me a great deal of the experiences I had growing up and the wide set of emotions and things did. "Still Fighting It", at least - "Bad Day" and "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" are very much a "letting go" kind of songs IMO if I were to come to words with such. As does "Wish You Were Here". None of the songs causes me to tear up but I feel rather sentimental when listening to both of them nontheless. I find they work best in the quiet moods of the night that incur contemplation (perhaps morbid). None of those songs are flat but are tantamount in profoundness in my ears in some way.