Thread: 25charlimit
View Single Post

Old October 25th, 2008, 04:50 PM
IIMarckus
J946@5488AA97464

Originally Posted by Kayashi View Post
The forum just wants something to catch worthless posts.
And if a worthwhile post makes it through the filter, no harm is done.

Are you not comprehending what I’m saying? I’m not on some crusade to delete the filter or whatever.

But

through happenstance

my post

(a worthwhile one, thank you very much Cowrie)

made it through.

The thread was not spammed up as a result.

I did not intentionally break the filter (and if links are such a common problem for the filter, fix the filter).

A contribution in reply to another poster was made. (Cowrie, the post in question needed no explanation, because the relevant part of a previous post was quoted. Brevity is underrated.)

And a moderator got on my case about it anyway.

Again:
I’m not on some crusade to delete the filter

What I am doing is agreeing with what Ausaudriel says here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausaudriel View Post
It's a preventative method.
The purpose of the filter is to prevent worthless posts from entering the database. If a worthless post gets blocked by the filter, good. If a worthwhile post gets blocked by the filter, that’s fine because they can lengthen it with little trouble. And if, by chance, a worthwhile post makes it through the filter through no fault or intention of the poster, then no harm is done to the thread, no warning or caution is necessary and everyone can go their merry way.

Do you see what I’m saying now?

If you want me, please contact me by email. [email protected]

If you want to hack Pokémon RBY or GSC, read, read, and read some more. This has tons of valuable information.

Pokémon Red disassembly project

Rules that should be rethought: 25charlimit, bumping.
Bad posts are bad posts, regardless of how many words are in them or how old the thread is.
Good posts are good posts, regardless of how old the thread is—and brevity is underrated.