View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2008, 08:06 AM
DGexe
Taunter

Nature: Lonely
What do you think happens to a trainer's Pokemon after the trainer dies, provided that the Pokemon still live?

I second possible death-by-grief-for-trainer; however... I guess one could look at it like real life(ish)? Let's say that a man dies in Saffron, and the authorities find out that he has a residency/relatives in Slateport; I guess the authorities could contact family/friends, explain the bad news, and inquire of any of them would like to have the trainer-less team.

HOWEVER, that could be an issue, especially if folks already have a lot of Pokemon to take care of. I suppose in that instance, the team could either be in some kind of a rarely-spoken of "foster" place for abandoned/trainer-less Pokemon (Pokemon orphans?) or be released into the wild without the team's say-so of any sort.

The Last one below is for my fic, Depth Perception, so don't read it if you don't want to spoil anything at all.

Spoiler:
Thirdly, I have thought of one posthumus (?) thing for a traienr's team; from what I remember (though I do have it jotted down in this sub-forum, I'm sure), after a trainer dies and ends up as a subordinate to one of the 'Gods, his or her team is given the choice by the 'God in question to be dealt with by the human race in the above mention ways, or to join their trainer in the afterlife and sort of work along side them. This second option gives them no advancements unnaturally in their powers, however they can still grow naturally. They don't die of old age, but they too can die from fatal wounds like their trainer can. Also, they gain a faint aura akin to the trainer, but this does nothing more than mark them as "divine/undead" Pokemon by other 'Gods/subordinates.

-Taunter the Haunter
-(ゴースト Ghost)
-Team Wilhelm "Leader"
-Gas Pokémon
-5'03" & 0.2 lbs
-Lvl. 65
-And he talks?!
-"Hau hau! Why yes, your soul looks very delicious..."

Last edited by DGexe; November 20th, 2008 at 08:19 AM.