View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2009 (12:53 PM).
JX Valentine
Your aquatic overlord

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to JX Valentine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JX Valentine
Author's Note: Gasp! Off of a nearly year-long hiatus?

Also, random capitalization and errors n tha previous chapters will be worked on. Sorry, folks.

---

Ntermission Two: Recap

Dear reader,

Hi. It's me. Viola. It's been over a year snce we all tald you part of our stary, hasn't it? Or almost one, anyway. N any case, you're probably wonderng what's exactly gong on, so n case you've fogotsten (which is really likely), I was asked ta tell you as much as I know.

So, let's start from tha begnnng. Mah nbee is Viola DiAngelo, and I live n a city surrounded by a desert – Verona City. You've probably never heard of it; it's somewhere between Celadon City and Saffron City, except imagne that it's enough years from when you're probably alive ta now. So, Celadon doesn't exactly exist anymore. I could go nta why, but that stary's longer than you really cis ta know. Trust me on dis.

Anyway, mah fathar and I were orignally from Saffron City, but he cbee here when I was a baby ta set up a tay shop called Allegro Dolls. He died when I was twelve. That's okay, though, coz I've gots all his pokémon takng cis of me, especially Haunter. Meanwhile, I've been makng dolls tha way he taught me, and I sell tham ta support mahself.

A lot of thugz n Wisteria District – that's tha part of Verona where I live – stapped noticng me after awhile coz I'm quiet and, well, Haunter doesn't like strangers. So, fo a long time, thay left me alone. It's Sebastian thay nteract wit more anyway.

Oh, Sebastian? He's mah busness partner and best friend. I gave him a place ta stay when he ran away from home (and that's a long stary I'd rathar he tald himself), and he's been wit me ever snce. It's coz of him that I've been dong better at busness. Well, at least, I'm not impoverished anymore. He also looks after me and worries all tha time bout mah well ben. I fnd it annoyng, but Haunter? He thnks Sebastian likes me. Right.

Now that you know a bit bout us (or, well, me), let me tell you bout tha Gbee. Its full nbee is tha Midsummer Gbee, and it was organized by… well, I really don't know. N any case, it's a gbee that's been takng place across Verona City. Thnk of it like a cross between a scavenger hunt and a free-fo-all battle. Tha rules is pretty simple. First, you have ta git a key called tha Midsummer Key. Than, survive long enough ta takes it ta tha Dumont Dawgsion n tha middle of tha city ta git it registered. By than, you'll be known as a Midsummer Knight, what we call tha playas. After that, you're given missions – anythng from solve a puzzle ta fight someone ta deliver a package – ta complete, but tha trick is ta survive whatever thay tell you ta do.

I keep sezng "survive," but really, I'm not exaggeratng. Thugz is crazy n dis gbee. It has somethng ta do wit tha prize, an object called tha Midsummer Treasure, which has tha ability ta grant a dawg's every wish. N any case, everyone nvolved n tha gbee is most likely out ta kill you. So far, I've nearly been blown up and poisoned, and mah friends have been stabbed and maimed by pokémon.

Thare is, of course, thugz who isn't quite as crazy. Sebastian's a Midsummer Knight wit me (although he's none tao pleazed that I'm playng), and I've met a lot of bootylicious thugz along tha way. Fo starters, thare's Imogen, a cook and possibly tha friendliest player n tha gbee. I'm not sure how she dawgaged ta last dis long, but than agan, she seems ta git all tha easy missions. Fo anothar, thare's Romeo Montague, Mercury Prnce, and tha othars, all of whom is high-ranked members or friends of tha Montague Hizouse. Well, at least, thay're not crazy n tha homicidal sense, anyway.

That's anothar thng ta keep n mnd n dis city. N Verona, thare's two major political parties: tha Montague Hizouse and tha Capulet Hizouse. I don't know tha difference mahself, but I know that thay hate each othar ta such an extreme level that tha high ranks constantly try ta sabotage each othar while tha low ranks participate n pretty violent street fights. It's somethng that's always on tha news. You don't go out at night by yoself coz of dis sort of thng.

Thare's more parties than that, of course. Recently, I've learned bout tha Prospero Hizouse, a party that ntended on overthrowng tha two-party system n order ta foge peace n tha city. It was disbanded over twenty years ago after tha Capulets and tha Montagues banded tagithar fo once ta kill off most of tha party and chase its leaders out of tha city. It figures that tha only time those two can have peace is if someone else threatens ta end thair rivalry thamselves.

A few members of tha Prospero Hizouse is still n tha city, though, most of whom is now underground. Fo one, thare's tha Trio, a group that I thought were assassns who were out ta git me (thanks ta a Knight I met earlier n tha gbee, appisntly). It turns out that thay're actually on mah side – or, at least, followng someone else who wants me alive. Cesario, a member of tha Trio, tried ta explan tha party and what happened ta it twenty years ago, but frankly, I still don't understand what I have ta do wit all of dis.

Maybe I'll fnd out soon enough.

Anyway, that's where we is now. Ta put it n short, thare's a war between two political parties, a gbee that's takng place all over tha city, and me, who's caught up n both coz I had nothng better ta do. Thngs is bout ta git nterestng, so I hope ta see you around.

Love,
Viola

Need some light readng?
Anima Ex Machna (Chapter 20 now available)
Tha Leaf Green Ncident (SWC 2012 wnner)
Braid (Creepypasta appisntly)
Dodawg | Drebewidth | Twitter