Thread: The Beta Place
View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2009 (03:40 PM). Edited March 12th, 2009 by dream's-epilogue.
Worthless

Nature: Calm
I've rewritten the first chapter in standard format in the fiction section! Rewrite of 2 coming soon!
Title of Story: Dark Reflections: Kain's Saga
Fandom: Pokemon
Plot summary: New Silver Isle is the intellectual's Eden; it is on this obscure isle that the greatest technology that shapes the world is born. The most brilliant minds in existence work here in secrecy, molding the world for the betterment of humanity. Yet this center of enlightenment has its darker side, as well; a young and hardworking scientist by the name of Dr. Kain R. Moriko falls asleep at work one stormy night, and awakens to a peculiar sight: he has somehow been transformed into a pokemon! Kain rushes to discover how and why he was transformed while trying to adjust to his new form. In the end, he and his new friends end up at odds with his former employer, but when a bloody incident from the company's past resurfaces, Kain is forced to question his own existence. Just who is he, and what exactly happened all those years ago...?
Genre: Adventure, mystery, sci-fi
Rating (PG, R, etc): PG13
Type of mentor needed: Concept & Flow
Writing sample of story: (See attachment)
Other: Well, this is my first time actually sharing my stories, so I need some help, just to make sure it's up to snuff. I don't want to post a story that no one'll like, so I just want someone to give my an idea of how it looks, and if there's anything I need to fix.
My Strengths: I'm pretty good at compromise and "what if"'s; I can take a particular situation and write it out pretty decently. I'm also decent at characterization. I can do comedy pretty well, particularly sarcasm.
My Weaknesses: Dialogue, hands down. That's why I'm using the script format; I have a very tough time writing out conventional dialogues, esp. if they are long or dry. When I do, they end up boring.
Attached Files
File Type: rtf kains saga 2.rtf‎ (8.1 KB, 0 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us