View Single Post
Old April 13th, 2009, 01:19 AM
triplexh18
call me Oscizor

Nature: Calm
Can someone help me with this script i'm really new to scripting but i still have read almost every tutorial but no matter what this scipt doesn't work the way i want it to

im trying to make a scipt so that once i enter a new area outside
Prof Oak runs up to me shouting my name with a "!" above his head then walking 2 steps down in front of me and his Prof Oak theme comes on and then he says about 2 paragraphs of text(i know how the \p \n \l works so i got that right) than before we battle the track goes to the ENCOUNTER 4 theme and than we fight(i gave him pokemon in A-trainer)with Gary's Elite Four theme.

the problem is whenever i step on the script either nothing happens or the game freezes and i already changed Var number and Unknown to what the tut said.

and when i talk to him myself the game freezes

but when i make another person with the same script as the Prof Oak i made
and talked to him then it works but then the 1st Oak does the script i wanted him to do but no battle occurs, the music doesn't change and then

i deleted and added some stuff to the script but can someone please tell me what script do i give to Oak and what script i put on that green S mark

this is what it says on the Green S
I opened the script and copied and pasted it here.

please correct any mistakes

//---------------
#org 0x8036F7
checkflag 0x8C0
if 0x1 goto 0x8803731
msgbox 0x880373A MSG_NORMAL //"OSCIZOR!"
playsong 0x156
applymovement 0x14 0x8803734
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0x14 0x8803736
pause 0x30
trainerbattle 0x0 0x1FF 0x0 @2 @ 3
msgbox 0x8803746 MSG_NORMAL //"Hold on OSCIZOR!\pI know you are\n..."
playsong 0x155 0x0
waitmovement 0x0
fadesong 0x12C
release
end
//---------------
#org 0x803731
release
end

//---------
// Strings
//---------
#org 0x80373A
= OSCIZOR!
#org 0x803746
= Hold on OSCIZOR!\pI know you are\ntrying to go onto battle this\lman but you see..I can't let you.\pThe reason being is\nthat you were not supposed to\l get this far and fight him...\pMy grandson was supposed to.\pAnd if you beat him...\lyou...\nyou will just ruin everything!\pWHY ARE YOU TRYING\nTO RUIN EVERYTHING!

//-----------
// Movements
//-----------
#org 0x803734
#raw 0x62 //Exclamation Mark (!)
#org 0x803736
#raw 0x52 //Jump in Place (Facing Down)
#raw 0x1D //Step Down (Fast)
#raw 0x1D //Step Down (Fast)

I also made a youtube video if it helps

i explain a little more there but i can't post a link so just combine all this with no spaces

ww w.
youtube.
com
/watch?v
=9PybIbNXY-8

my username there is Xboxproscar
along with the video
Fire Red Script 001 Footage

Last edited by triplexh18; April 13th, 2009 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.