Thread: Metal Coat;
View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2009, 12:05 PM
Giratina ♀
what's your sign?

Nature: Quirky
Ominous Azelf of Doom
(chapter fourteen, the fourteenth chapter of the story. it seems our cameo triangle has been completed!)

From its perch on the lake, a creature watched the three humans, drumming tis tiny figures on the rocky roof of the cave upon which it was seated.

It chuckled softly when they first appeared, watching in great amusement as two of them slipped almost instantaneously upon arrival. After zoning out the junk in the middle, it then tried to listen a few minutes later as they slowly – very slowly – managed to figure out that it was, indeed, an Abra who had so unkindly forced them into that position.
“It’s about time.” The creature sat down to watch, directing its two long, stringy, baby-blue tails to wrap around it. A red gem glinted on the left tail, while the other one didn’t have a gem for some reason. “No love for the willpower, honestly.”

He watched with bright eyes setting out from a triangle-shaped face, swapping between two shades of blue. It had a body similar to that of Mesprit and Uxie. A red gem glinted in the early-morning light. The small Pokemon – about a foot high – repositioned himself to lie on his stomach. A combined expression of irritation and excitement was fighting for rights over his face; Mesprit would be proud.

Had she not gone out of her mind, of course, but that’s another story.

“Finally,” said Azelf, “You bother to turn up. I’ve been watching…”

It abruptly sprang up off the cave top, crouching its stubby legs to get as high as possible upon takeoff, and took a floating position in the air. Stopping briefly to check the winds, he sent himself ricocheting forward to zigzag in between the three humans conversing nearby, catching them all by surprise (but not all of them showing it – Azelf expected this).

“Heya!” He skidded to a halt on the left of the three people, who quickly swiveled around to find out what had made the pointlessly giddy noise (and worse, who had witnessed them covered in mud). “Been a while, yeah?” He smirked. He did not smirk in this manner on purpose; simply put, Caro had tumbled back into the mud again, startled, and Kris was gracelessly hauling him onto his feet.

“Get up, Caro.” Kris sighed and tugged on his arm once more. Caro stumbled to his feet, grumbling angrily about something involving something being pulled from its socket.

Despite their squabbling, Cyrus merely glanced at them before returning his ever-deadpan gray eyes towards Azelf.

“You three are quite fond of that term, aren’t you?” He said.

Azelf grimaced slightly at his remark, but soon brushed it away. “Nice to see you too,” he said tartly. By now, Azelf had got word that these guys could talk now (well, alright, they could talk before, but not understand what Pokemon were trying to say). It didn’t honestly care how.

“So, anyways. I heard about the whole Sandgem thing. Nice quick thinking, there. Especially since Mesprit sorta-kinda led you into a trap.” The rim of its deep blue headpiece-thing raised over its left eye, which probably suggested a cocked eyebrow.

“She did what?” Kris had stood up, and along with Caro was now staring at Azelf in shock.

“She led you idiots into a trap,” Azelf said matter-of-factly. “She manipulated your Magnezone to make it run rampant and do stupid things. Probably did the same with that Abra.”

“It was an Abra, then?” Caro noted.

“Mhm,” Azelf nodded back.

“Assuming you’re telling the truth…” Cyrus said slowly, causing everyone else in the vicinity to go suddenly wide eyed (they knew an oncoming ramble when they saw one), “The… unfortunate actions of the Abra and Magnezone were all Mesprit’s doing.”

Kris nearly sighed in relief. Crisis averted.

“Yeah, pretty much. Any bets on why?” Azelf tilted his head to the left, smiling wryly.

Silence descended over the group. After a few seconds, Caro made a motion with his head to designate that they clearly didn’t have any bets on why, and that Azelf should elaborate (just in smaller words).

“What? You want a play-by-play?” He looked at Caro skeptically.

“A reason why Mesprit is doing what it’s doing would suffice,” Cyrus said.

“Right. Well. First thing’s first – Mesprit is a girl. And don’t give me that ‘Legendaries don’t have genders’ garbage, either, because we do.” Azelf frowned at the entirety of the human race before continuing.

“You see,” Azelf explained. “You’re sort of an odd case way Up There.” It pointed upwards, at sky that was now turning a dark shade of pink. “Up There being where the Legendaries go on their offtime, like when they’re not out saving the world from… stuff. You know why you got turned into… what you got turned into, right?”

“I assume it’s for what happened at the Spear Pillar. Correct me if I’m wrong.”

“Yeah. Sort of obvious. Anyways, you’re sort of an odd case. There are two opinions of you that the community Up There has: Mesprit versus everyone else. All of us believe that you’re off the hook ‘cuz you got turned into a Magneton and thus paid your punishment for doing that stuff you did.”

“But then, you know, there’s Mesprit. She’s convinced it was a sea-breezy little vacation for you, and that you need more punishment than that – which, judging from your selfless act of sacrifice…” Azelf giggled at this point, “…you probably don’t. I’ll leave it up to your twisted little mind to figure out what she believes you need to deal with; the similarities in thought patterns these days are startling.”

Azelf paused, and sighed softly. “So now, you know, she’s out to cause turmoil of every breed, and despite our best efforts Legendaries can’t do everything.” This earned Azelf three glares from his audience. Realizing his mistake, Azelf giggled nervously.

“Well… you know… like dealing with Mesprit and the rest of the universe at the same time… it’s real stressful. So we can’t monitor her at all times. Or control her. At all. Well, Arceus can, but I guess He figures that she’s not all that much of a threat… then again, He hasn’t really noticed. You know, with all His intergalactic mishmash and other more important stuff.” Azelf shrugged.

“So on the most basic level, Mesprit wants me dead and you can do practically nothing.”

“Yep.”

“Anyway…” Azelf said. “Be on your guard, ‘kay? She might try to do something absurdly stupid and dangerous and maybe life-threatening… or something.” He hastily added the last two words at the end. It was evident by these recent actions that Azelf probably knew more than he was letting on.

“Yeah. Right. Well, um… I guess you should be going now, because there’s really not much left to do except hang around staring blankly at each other,” Azelfsaid as he pointed with one paw towards the forest.

“Uh, yeah! Exactly!” Kris had fallen into a daydream, and had missed Azelf’s last words.

“Oh... um, uh... I forgot one thing.” Azelf piped up as they turned to leave. Kris and Cyrus turned around, and Caro glanced over his shoulder.

“What?” the boy asked slightly irritated. “We’ve got a Legendary to grovel to, you know.”

Azelf smiled grimly and ducked his head down slightly, so that his head gem and eyes glowed ominously. It certainly sent a message. “Don’t kill yourselves. Mesprit has no mercy when she’s mad – and you’d better believe she’s mad. Any living thing could be under her influence, and there’s really no way to tell – they just have loads of respect for her, and loads of hate for yo- hey, where are you going? Are you listening to me?”

The threesome left without another word, leaving Azelf to wave his arms and yell angrily in their wake.

Last edited by Giratina ♀; May 8th, 2009 at 12:55 PM.