View Single Post
Old May 13th, 2009, 08:21 PM
~Teh Panda~
Sea of Dreams - Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCV View Post
There is a good chance we'll see fully developed 4th gen edits. But it will take a while to get there, especially since the number of people working towards getting the knowledge required is very small (due to a variety or reasons).

Well, the thing is there is not much real "demand". But either way, personally, demand does not affect me in developing DPP editing. Having demand influence would be bad, IMO, it must be personal interest that motivates the researcher or programmer.

Nice that that is noticed. Just out of curiosity, why is my name in quotes?

What's the point of that? We expect to be very little changes, the scripting language will most likely be the same, the map system will be the same. So why not work on DPP in a way where as soon as HG/SS comes out you change a few file numbers, and it works for it as well? Also by that time the only thing left to do will probably be model editing and you'd be much better of getting a head start by looking into models in DPP (they'll be the same anyways).

Of course, when you work on it it your choice
Well part of it is that most people don't want an editor that requires them to understand hex. There was a bug in the first versions of the script editor that was not noticed until about a month ago, which made making bigger scripts impossible.

Well, to me text, scripts and events are the base to a better game. If we did mapping first, that would be completely useless without those three. However, with those three you can create sinnoh based stories (and comming soon, Johto based stories) with the same maps but completely different plot.
Your special :D, lol...

But really...
So he knows your names only SCV. "SCV"

@e-bag:
That is true, if you want to hack it and are determined maybe you could find your own method

Mystic still in work to let you know...