View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2009, 03:41 AM
PI Hudson
Can be random for hugs> PIE!!!

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickster View Post
Ive been trying to make a script using this but its just not working. I can enter the area and it does the script,not supposed to do that.If i talk to the person and then warp to it, it doesnt work at all.
So the changes in red are the things I assume.
The things I would change are in BOLD
I also assume that the level scripts are #02
Spoiler:
First is a person event.
Spoiler:
#org @start
applymovement 0x8 @m1
msgbox @1 0x6
cry 0x11E 0x0
showsprite 0x9
applymovement 0x9 @m1
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0xFF @m2
waitmovement 0x0
setvar 0x7000 0x1--\/
/\--warp 0xF 0x0 0x1 0x0 0x0
'---warp basically ends a script, so don't place anything needed after it
release
end

Second is a level script.
Spoiler:

'--- ADV map settings --- Var Flag-7000;Var Value-00000001 '---this is probably the reason the script activates anyway, and also didn't activate when you used the previous script
#org @start
lockall
setvar 0x7001 0x1 '---you don't really need this because you can still use var 7000,
'---I try not to waste variables. even if it is just one.
setvar 0x7000 0x2
applymovement 0x4 @m1
applymovement 0x3 @m1
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0xFF @m2
waitmovement 0x0
warp 0x3 0x15 0x0 0x0 0x0
releaseall '--- if you lockall you release all, even if you warped
end

It also continues to a third,which is another level script.
Spoiler:

'--- ADV map settings --- Var Flag-70017000;Var Value-00010002 '---changes explained before
#org @start
I am slightly new at this as you can see from my join date, but I think I understand the concept enough. Test it out and give the results, or maybe someone else will tell you a better solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebees View Post
Hack of fire red
I'm using XSE
And here's my scipt. Btw its a level sciprt
Spoiler:
#dynamic 0x800AE6
#org @start
setvar 0x7002 0x1
pause 0x20
setflag 0x1000
applymovement 0x01 @move
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0x01 @move1
waitmovement 0x0
release
end
#org @move
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x11
#raw 0x13
#raw 0x03
#raw 0xFE
#org @move1
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x10
#raw 0x12
#raw 0xFE

#org @1
= [red_fr]Grandma[black_fr]: Good morning sweetie. Did\nyou sleep good? You must've been\ltired from the trip from Orre.\p\v\h01: Yeah grandma. The guest\lroom is really comfortable.\p[red_fr]Grandma[black_fr]: Good, now, before you can\lgo off and play with your cousin,-\p\v\h01: Wait, when do I get my\lpokemon grandma, my parents promised\lme I would get one here.\p[red_fr]Grandma[black_fr]: Okay, since you really\lwant one, go to Dr. Cean's lab up\lnorth of here and tell him that I\lsent you. It should be pretty easy\lto find. But after you're\ldone come back down here to my\lhouse. I have a favor of you.\p\v\h01:Okay grandma, see you\llater!
#org @end
release
end

Wheni come into the room, everything works and such, but when the script is done, there's a textbox, showing random mumbo jumbo and symbols and such.
So any idea on how to stop said problem from happening?
It could be that you chose the wrong option in a-map, try #2, or #4. or like Kalsard said, the compile process might have been done wrong.