• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Extensive Title Screen Hacking

kaka1918

sorry im bad in english
Years
change logo

sorry i'm very very bad in english
how to change the logo of fire red

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
Years
Ok, well the fire is number 138 in unLZ-GBA, and the pokemon logo is number 2009. I'm assuming you're comfortable with editing these things, but if not, just ask.

Just open up paint, edit them with the given palette, then if need be, palette edit.

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
what if i wanted to do a pokemon like rayquaza for the titlescreen using this method?:o

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
thnx i understan alittle omre onw :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2009
can you tell me how do it with steelix, I didn't understood how to move those blocks in to shape

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
Years
can you tell me how do it with steelix, I didn't understood how to move those blocks in to shape

I can't really explain better than I did...haha. I had trouble with this at first, but just practice. Use the pictures I have was a reference. Or if you can tell me what specifically is giving you trouble, I could possibly help you out better. Either way, I wish you the best of luck.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2010
Hi I'm using your method for the trainer intro screen.. I was wondering how did you make the original coloured caterpie B&W (or grayscale)??

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2014
how do you edit the fire that goes on in the background? i went to sprite 138 on unlzgba and i just got a grey square, please help!

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2009
I need help i can't put a suicune into the black areas what i mean is like put it into a puzzle u have on picture four.

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
Years
Hi I'm using your method for the trainer intro screen.. I was wondering how did you make the original coloured caterpie B&W (or grayscale)??

Well, you should just be able to click "black and white mode" in unLZ-GBA.

how do you edit the fire that goes on in the background? i went to sprite 138 on unlzgba and i just got a grey square, please help!

It may not be EXACTLY number 138. That's what it is for me. You may have run deep scan, or perhaps I did. I can't recall. Anyway, you may have to search for it a bit.

I need help i can't put a suicune into the black areas what i mean is like put it into a puzzle u have on picture four.

It should fit, if you're using the sprite from the game. They're all the same size.

emokitty

Pokemon Xeno Creator
Years
Hey i just wanted to know two things, 1- if there is any way to do this without hex editing... because i dont know how:( 2- Is there a way to just put a picture up on the background iinstead of that complicated thing?

Thanks

Shooryuu

FatAss Gamer
Years
umm hi in the tutorial i can't change the palette cause my hex editor isn't very good with it and i have the palette i made to fix it but i can't put it on

Years
Yeah, this is pretty helpful, i think i get it now.
*Tries*
Nope, still not working. Good tutorial, anyways..

Last edited:

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
you dont need a hex editor for this i did it without a hex editor and had it perfect

Good for you!

umm hi in the tutorial i can't change the palette cause my hex editor isn't very good with it and i have the palette i made to fix it but i can't put it on

Try using APE
offset: 0x00EAD5E8

*Tries*
You can do it!
keep trying...

Last edited:

myfavouriteax

Pop Bop's Boppin' Beats
Years
you dont need a hex editor for this i did it without a hex editor and had it perfect

I did your mom without a hex editor, but it was far from perfect..

I'm sorry, do you think you could reword that? I may be able to help then.

*Tries*

Yeah man, hex editing is a daunting task, but you'll get the hang of it, trust me. Just keep trying. I went through like fifteen roms trying to get my title screen right.

Words of wisdom.

Thanks for filling in when I was too lazy to respond. haha

Back