Thread: [Discussion] ROM Hacking Discussions
View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2009 (1:48 PM).
Yours truly
Crystal Tier
Nature: Lonely
Originally Posted by sasquatchd00d View Post
Just wondering, is there more overworld palettes? And I knew about the box thing with routes showing like a wooden drop down. More blocks = more block edits = better maps. I'm liking the sound of this already. It just sounds so much more powerful than Fire Red.

And a lot of room for new indoor tilesets interests me and sounds amazing. Now I'm really wishing I didn't have to leave for work now. I just want to try this stuff out, haha.
I don't know about the overworld palettes, nor am I in a position to confirm that. Still, that's a good question. I'll have to look into it when I get the chance.
And on the topic of those drop-down box things, here's a little tip that I discovered just this morning: setting the flag "0x4000" will prevent the boxes from coming down. The flag is set in one of the early events, I believe, and I couldn't figure out why the boxes weren't showing up. I thought that it had something to do with the fact that I had changed the name of the town, which led me on a wild goose chase, looking through AdvanceMap, XSE, and even unLZ trying to find the problem
So just remember to "clearflag 0x4000" if they're not showing up.

As for the indoor primary tileset, I'm thinking of porting a lot of FR/LG indoor tiles, along with their respective palettes, to the empty tileset. If I ever do get around to it (which is highly unlikely), I'll probably post a patch in the ROM Hacking Resources thread.

Brother of Vrai