• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronB

Noob Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2009
Sorry i found more so i am making a new post with pics

Last edited:

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
Years
Okay, now things changes. The intro sprite is in 256-color mode, assuming you're hacking FR/LG. And when you import it through unLZ, you don't have to export the palette. Instead, you just export the image, and edit the palette later one, for example using APE.

Alright, I understood that part, but how do I use APE? It's in spanish and I can't understand it well. Also, I haven't found tutorials when I downloaded it.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Alright, I understood that part, but how do I use APE? It's in spanish and I can't understand it well. Also, I haven't found tutorials when I downloaded it.

It's not Spanish, it's multilanguage. Download it from my Tools Factory, anyway. There's a tutorial in the Documents and Tutorials section, look for my thread.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
I was testing my rom, and I went into one of the caves and I tried moving around, but I could only move a few steps in some directions, can anybody help me out in trying to fix this?

Also, one of the warps in my town restarts the game when I step on it...how do I also fix this?

Years
i've seen people ask this but can't get an answer

I use advancemap 1.92

For some warps when you step on them the screen goes black. Music still plays but nothing happens.

The warps in and out of the room work in advance map. Is there a fix/reason for this?

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
i've seen people ask this but can't get an answer

I use advancemap 1.92

For some warps when you step on them the screen goes black. Music still plays but nothing happens.

The warps in and out of the room work in advance map. Is there a fix/reason for this?
This can be due to the map you're going to - some of them have a bad map footer offset or other equally cryptic problems (try warping to a different map, preferably one that was used by the game and is unmodified, if that works then it's your target map's fault).

I was testing my rom, and I went into one of the caves and I tried moving around, but I could only move a few steps in some directions, can anybody help me out in trying to fix this?

Also, one of the warps in my town restarts the game when I step on it...how do I also fix this?
Both of these need a little more elaboration... the best ways of getting help in situations where everyone is otherwise clueless are: giving an IPS patch (if you don't mind giving it away), giving screenshots, or TeamViewer (be careful to correctly set TeamViewer's settings!)

Remember that if you choose TeamViewer, you should only give your temporary password to someone you trust.

Years
I was wondering about something.

I was creating a new map for my hack,didn't have any border blocks,
BANG.When I went to VBA to test it there was a massive glitch.
Do you need to have border blocks on the map to stop the glitch?

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
2. Editing the text is easy as editing any other texts. You just need to find where is it. As for the healing places, the table starts at 0x3EEC98.

Hmm...well anyway I entered the offset and I got this:

Spoiler:

I don't see any text or anything :(

Also, would the script allow me to change the location of the healing place?

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Is there any way to take out the option to chose between a Male or a Female so that the script switches that question? 'Cuz my hack is only really based on 1 character.

AaronB

Noob Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2009
Hi, i made a new pokemon league with harder battles in it (for FR), i copied all the maps (including the route upto it) and i am going to hide the entrance to it somewhere. But i don't want anybody to be able to get into it until they have beaten the pokemon league and after they go into it and beat it or fail i don't want them to be able to go into it again until they do the Real Pokemon League again. I know this can be done with a warp script that will only warp into it if the flag used at the first battle is not there, but how can i get all of the flags to clear after i complete the pokemon league?

PS does a warp script (script tile not warp tile) work? and does it have to be at a door, because i tried to make a person when you talekd to them warp you for another thing but the screen went black and froze.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Hmm...well anyway I entered the offset and I got this:

Spoiler:

I don't see any text or anything :(

Also, would the script allow me to change the location of the healing place?

The table is not a script, it's a table... You have to view it through a hex editor and change the values accordingly.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2011
I started working on my own hack today. I never made any scripts for anything before but managed to make a give pokémon script, and made the character dissapear, but the only thing is that i needed a pokédex. Now i did a setflag 829 to obtain the pokédex but the pokémon giving character also tells my nationaldex data in a bugged way. Is there anyway to solve that?
Well here's the script, maybe some corrections possible? (should be :3)
Spoiler:

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
I started working on my own hack today. I never made any scripts for anything before but managed to make a give pokémon script, and made the character dissapear, but the only thing is that i needed a pokédex. Now i did a setflag 829 to obtain the pokédex but the pokémon giving character also tells my nationaldex data in a bugged way. Is there anyway to solve that?
Well here's the script, maybe some corrections possible? (should be :3)
Spoiler:

On the first part, the @start part, you need a "setflag 0x828" and "setflag 0x829"

Correction:

Spoiler:
[/

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2011
On the first part, the @start part, you need a "setflag 0x828" and "setflag 0x829"

Correction:

Spoiler:
[/

EDIT: Didn't work, still the national dex message in a bug-like way, it appears like this: by the way
dex e... <- Something like that, i can't find it in the script but it has to do with the 829 flag xD
Is there maybe another way to give a pokédex in my own script or something?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back