Thread: PokeDS
View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2009 (01:41 AM).
Alexandre

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Hall Of Famer:
Good to see DS game maker get some love from this community. I had a DS game maker installed on my computer, and scripting didnt seem to be hard at first. However, I eventually gave up the idea of creating a pokemon fangame with this game engine due to the lack of map editor(which is a major problem for not-so-advanced scripters, I must say). Your Pokemon engine looks promising, and I wish you succeed. I do have a few questions to ask. The DS game maker is still under development, so how can you make sure the PokeDS engine will be compatible with the newest version of DS game maker? What if new features like Map editor are added to future versions of DS game maker? Just curious.
Thanks for the support ;D I did take into consideration the upgrading of DS Game Maker, right now it is on version 3.0, yet it is still buggy, and lacking many features. However the beauty of the project file (.xds) is that it can be opened in notepad and the scripts and sprites can be copied to the newer .xds. If DSGM eventually does get a map editor, I probably will rewrite the whole movement/collision system to suit it