View Single Post
Old Posted September 3rd, 2009 (01:32 AM).
jack94
Beginning Trainer

Hi I have some Hex editing questions...
I started trying out ROM hacking about 2 or 3 days ago (using Pokemon Gold GBC), I started using Hex yesterday - i have Translhextion.

I have managed to edit Bulbasaur's evolution data in Translhextion by finding where the evolution data starts and editing Bulbasaur. However this is easy as Bulbasaur is the first pokemon so the data is right there at the very start of the evolution data.

What I want to do is to go to specific Pokemon in the Evolution Data. For example I want to make it so that Kadabra evolves at a Level instead of by trading. I know how to do this when i get to his data but i don't know how to get there. There must be an easier way than to count through the 00's at the end of the evolution sequences until i count the number that is Kadabras pokedex number?
Can someone help me out??

I also managed to edit Youngster JOEY in Hex by searching his name and it took me straight to his trainer battle data. Now, I want to edit your Pokemon Gold Rival as well but I don't know what to search for to find his trainer/battle data. When i search RIVAL and similar things it finds nothing.....
Anyone know how to do this??

All help greatly appreciated
Thanks