View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2009 (07:22 PM).
Not a Baygel

Nature: Sassy
Congrats on winning second place! :D All righty then, my scores and the review:

Grammar:10/10
I tried, but can’t find any grammar mistakes or at least ones that distract me. ; Well, just one part where you put “your” instead of “you’re,” but that’s minor.

Literary Elements (plot, setting, characterization, etc.): 9/10
I have to say, love how you have the beginning part, the battle, be in the Pidgeot’s POV. I also love how the Pokemon is able to describe both its and its trainer’s emotions. Nicely done there. There’s more I want to say, but it’s in the Prompt section.
There’s one thing I want to mention, though. Even though I love this loads, it’s a bit weird having the battle described fully as if I’m watching a battle from the anime show when it’s about a boy losing his interest in playing the Pokemon game and the Pidgeot feeling lonely and unwanted. For instance, even though I said I like the emotions you put there, the part after Pidgeot said about the trainer using the gameboy took me by surprise. Like seriously, how is a Pidgeot able to read his trainer’s reaction if he’s actually playing the gameboy? XD; Then again, this is the Pokemon’s POV, so it’s not that serious.

Prompt:10/10
Dayummm…just wow. Love the way you have the Pokemon being stuck in this “game world” without any progress after the Championship related to the prompt. I also like the little references here and there (like at the Rock Tunnel). I actually almost cried at the end. Seriously, no one is too old for Pokemon! XD; Great, now you’re making me feel sorry I haven’t played my Pokemon games in a long time! I blame real life stuff and one other fandom that is still holding my interest. XD;

Overall score: 29/30

Current FF&W Challenges and Discussions
Flash Fiction Week #10
Genre of the week (Monster)
2015 Writing Blitz Challenge(Coming soon!)

[The BBS] [MyAnimeList][Archive of Our Own][FFnet] [ Tumblr]
[Partner in Crime] [Cousin]