Thread: [Pokémon] Convergent Paths
View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2009 (08:31 AM).
Oatmeal? Are you CRAZY?!

Nature: Quirky
Chapter Three
It was, indeed, almost time for Alyssa to graduate from Ranger School, and she knew it. She stood in her dorm room, hurriedly throwing her hair into its usual ponytail as she grabbed her Styler.

Alyssa was famous. She was at the top of her class. She was pretty. She “captured” Pokémon extremely well with her student Styler. And, above all, she was nice. Alyssa was always willing to lend a helping hand to anyone, and she did so without asking for anything in return. It was just her nature. Everyone knew Alyssa, even though she didn’t know everyone else.

“Alyssa!”

She turned, tightening her ponytail, as one of her roommates came in. Casey had light brown hair that she kept in a bun, with two ringlets falling on either side of her face. She was taller than Alyssa; in fact, she was one of the tallest girls in the school. She was studying to be an Operator, not a Ranger. Her father was a Top Ranger, making her famous as well.

“Yeah?”

“We’ve got to get down to homeroom. They’re briefing us on final exams.”

Alyssa groaned. “Those aren’t till next week!”

“Yeah, but they’re giving us the schedule. I haven’t been home in a really long time,” Casey added a bit sadly as they left the room together. She lived in Pueltown, which was farther away from the Ranger School than Chicole Village was.

“Have you gotten any letters from your dad recently?” Alyssa asked.

“Yeah. He’s in the Fiore region right now.”

“Will he be able to make it to your graduation?”

Casey shrugged. Alyssa found this extremely sad, so she decided not to question it any further. Her father was a farmer and her mother was a homemaker, so there was really no doubt that they would be making it to her graduation. She hadn’t told them that she was at the top of her class, and she had asked the teachers to follow suit. She wanted her parents to be surprised when she got up to make the valedictory address.

As if Casey had been reading her thoughts, she asked, “Have you thought about what you’re going to put into your speech?”

Alyssa shrugged. “I guess something about your dreams coming true, and how you can achieve anything through perseverance.”

“Cool.”

They arrived at their homeroom and entered. Alyssa and Casey sat beside each other. On Alyssa’s other side was Greg, a small, rather geeky-looking kid. He was number two in the class, and because of this, he had never liked her. He had never told her if he wanted to become a Ranger or not, and he had only spoken to her in sharp growls. He deeply resented her for making better grades than he did, and this made her very sad every time she came upon him.

Their homeroom teacher came to the front of the class and began informing them of next week’s testing schedule. Alyssa felt a familiar fluttering sensation in the pit of her stomach. She got this feeling whenever she started thinking about graduating and leaving the Ranger School. It was a mixture of dread, apprehension, and overwhelming excitement, and it always made her fidget in her seat.

The bell rang for first period, and Alyssa left the classroom with a piece of paper outlining the schedule for exams as well as graduation practice on top of her books.

Dear Cassandra,
Do you know how we’re supposed to get up with Belle now that she’s traveling? I’m not sure, and I really want to send her the date of my graduation. It’s not till sometime next month, but still…I really, really want you guys to come! And you need to make plans to stay for more than just a day; at least stay for a week!
It’s really cool that you got a Mudkip and a Swablu. I don’t know what I’m going to get for a Partner Pokémon; I don’t choose, really. It’s not like they make me decide between a Mudkip or a Chimchar or a Bulbasaur, or whatever it is that you guys pick between. It’s whatever Pokémon I meet in the field.

I have to start studying now. I may be really busy for the next two weeks, so I might not get a lot of time to write. Break a leg in your first contest, and if you get any word to Belle, tell her good luck on her journey!

Love you bunches,
Alyssa