View Single Post
Old November 5th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Nyu~♥!
Pokémon Opal Producer

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to Nyu~♥!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
Uh... most starters are pretty detailed. I think the main problem with it is that its body is just a single shade of green, so it looks a bit plain. Although it's similar to Chikorita in that respect, Chikorita has a few details to break up the plainness - for example, its eyes are red instead of green, it has a string of buds around its neck, and it has white toes. By contrast, Mimibud's details are on its head and tail, leaving the rest of the body looking plain. Maybe you could give it little claws and a pattern on its belly or something?
I had the same problem when I designed my starters. For example, Dipleaf's old design was a bit like your Mimibud design; when I saw Mimibud's sprite, it reminded me of my old Dipleaf sprite. If I can add detail to my starters and make them look better, you should be able to too
I get what you mean now. Sorry to deny so many things like that.
The reason I think Mimibud may look "too detailed" is because of my view of my own style. Mimibud came into my head without much, and that's how it appeared. I can't think of Mimibud with more details - I'm not sure why.. Right now I'm just thinking of it with spines around it's neck - the view of that - it doesn't seem to be in my range of style. I'm sorry to sound stubborn.
Though I really agree that many of my Pokémon are just.. plain.. For some reason, I can't get out of that weird habit! :/