Thread: Ruby hack: Pokemon: Super Rising Thunder!
View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Perri Lightfoot
Proud to hack Ruby Version!
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Modest
Awww, thanks, Kenji! I just hope I come up with a final product that meets all your expectations...

Anyway...my focus for the past couple of days has been on graphical hacking. I was having a lot of trouble with palettes at first; but after practicing a lot with APE and a hex editor (XV132, specifically), I think I finally got the hang of it...feel free to contradict me though if something doesn't look right XD

As seen here, I've started the task of updating the little battle platforms, for lack of a better term, to the DPPt graphics (I could hack the backgrounds too, but I think that is something that I will wait a while to do, if I do it at all ' ). Also, our player Pichu finally appears as a Pichu from the back at the battle's start - believe it or not, that's something I only changed yesterday! XD

When you or a team mate are summoned into battle, you no longer appear from a Pokeball - there's just a slight pause, and then you poof into the scene. ' Incidentally, I do want to replace that "Go! Your Name Here!" text with something else, but given the lack of space at that offset, I think the only thing I could change it to is have it simply display the name of whatever character is in front; or I could just erase it altogether. Does anyone have other suggestions?

Just a shot of a new script in action to show that graphics are not the only thing on my mind. This towns-Raichu is curious about the noise he heard within that tree...