View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator

Nature: Modest
Thanks for the banner! I now have two banners, both of which can be seen in the first post.

@mrhaxmaster: I have wanted this hack to be closely related with the official Pokemon games, so the way the map appears is no coincidence.

If it were a different map I was drawing, I might still draw it that way though =P

@Curt_09: I agree that Springate Town looks a lot like Pallet Town still, so I'm going to edit this more later on. However, compared to the first three generation's starting towns,

Pallet Town: Player's home, top left; Professor's lab, bottom right; body of water, middle of the bottom of map
New Bark Town: Player's home, top right; Professor's lab, top left; boddy of water, middle of right of map
Littleroot Town: Player's home, either top left or top right; Professor's lab, bottom left; body of water, none
Springate Town: Player's home, bottom left; Professor's lab, top right; body of water, bottom right corner of map

My town is differentiated by housing locations for the Professor and Player. The location of the body of water is a compromise between Pallet's and New Bark's locations (making for a reference to being in-between these two game's story lines).

I do agree that it needs to be edited, though. I might extend the beach further out, and probably add more trees.

Today I'm posting the maps of the second route, the first town with a gym, and the route directly east of it.

Bloomful City:
Spoiler:

Currently named Route Two:
Spoiler:

East of Bloomful, currently named Route Three:
Spoiler:

It's a game where the fire starter isn't at a disadvantage for the first gym?! That's right!

The building on the far left in Bloomful is a greenhouse, the house on the second route is where the player obtains a Togepi egg, and the structure on the third route is a construction site. Perhaps it will be finished some time later in the game?

There are cut bushes in a few places along route two, including in front of the house on that route. There is also a cut bush between the small trees in Bloomful City, blocking off the way west. Another lies near the gap in the trees behind the greenhouse, leading to an item.

Last edited by Bela; November 27th, 2009 at 01:55 PM.