View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2009 (07:44 PM).
DrFuji
Helfen, Wehren, Heilen
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Karel_Kazuki:
You have just turned 11 ((you will find out why...)) and you live in pallet town.You go downstairs and you see your dad.(A first since RSE and you'll find out why.))He tells you he got a job at the Petalburg Gym in the Hoenn region.He gives you an EEVEE to remember him by.
Why are you saying "((You'll find out why...))" about seeing your father? You write that, yet you explain why in the very next sentence why. I do know why you turned eleven - Because it has been 365 days since you turned ten :P

Also, Dad = Norman? If that is the case, your father is a bigamist :D

Quote:
You then go to Prof Oak's lab to find that Birch Oak and Elm are there having a meeting about a roup of trainers supposedly visiting there.Eight Trainers sudenly walk in (( Gary, the Opposite trainer of the Boy/girl you chose, Gold, Silver,Ruby Sapphire, Wally and,Crys(have to make her sprite).They have a huge table with Nine Pokeballs.from there you can choose any of the three fire Water and Grass pokemon.before you leave, Gary asks you to battle him,as he has your weakness type.Aftee the battle,Everyone left on their journey and you have to get a Parcel by request on Prof Oak.From there, you battle Your Opposite Gender at the pathway into route 1 as she/he has your same type. Then you head to Viridian City and battle Wally who,you have the advantage against.After the battle,you get the Parcel and Gold and Crys get you to head bakc to the lab with them and everyone gets their pokedex((already National.))
Like I said a few posts up: This sort of thing isn't really a storyline, but more of an opening to the game itself.

Even as an opening, this just seems to be a copy+paste job from the opening to FR, only with an insane number of trainers and three battles (Which decrease in difficulty, I might add) before you can get your balls. Why are Gold and Kris randomly thrown in to take you back to Oak? Surely they're not beginning trainers in Kanto as well :x

I'm not sure why you gave the character an Eevee in the first place if they're going to get an actual starter Pokemon. Surely Oak/Elm wouldn't think its fair for all the other kids who aren't as rich lucky - They'd probably refuse you a Pokemon or something :/

Quote:
You then start on yoru journey through kanto,Facing your rivals and Gym Leaders along the way,before every Gym battle((Eight Trainers and Gym Leaders...))and head to the first eliete Four. there is more to the story than just that.
So, you're just telling us the genetic story + some battles, whilst excluding the real meat? Please don't do that.

Do you have anything else storywise to add?