View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2009, 08:41 PM
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel_Kazuki
Well I mean that at the end of the game, he will be 13 because when you beat the Eliete Four a year will pass by in a time skip and you can acess the next region.He is Inded Norman but You wont move,The maps will be biger and contain CITIES instead of their usual 2 house format.
Time usually remains static in Pokemon games (Apart from the occasional Day/ Night feature), so why are we hurtled forward a year once we've finished? Surely you can just access the next region once you've completed the first.

Most towns/ cities are a lot more than just 2-3 houses. Only Pallete Town has less than five buildings, and have you seen the size of Saffron or Celadon?

Quote:
Its not a copy and paste, even if it seems like that I may give the trainer Pokeballs when he leaves the First Time around with the Pokedex,
It was basically a copy+paste. This is how the original opening to FRLG progressed: Get Pokemon > Battle rival > Get Package > Return to Lab > Get Pokedex and Pokeballs. You just added an extra two trainer battles between the rival battle and getting the package.

Quote:
I may switch the EEvee with a good Luck Charm, which will tie into the story later.Gold and Krys are there because You met them at the Lab along with every one else
I would advise swapping the Eevee - You wouldn't be overpowered in the beginning and the Luck Charm could add another dimension to the story.

Can you say why Gold and Kris are at the lab? Are they there for a specific reason, collecting their starter Pokemon or just bumming around?

Quote:
The story will explain Team Rocket's Rising,The Truth behind Silver, Reports of Magma and Aqua, All three teasm coming together and tries to take over the world by summoning a legendary pokemon, using Events that happened in the story.The Police will be involved, after each encounter with the Teams
By 'Team Rocket's Rising', do you mean that you will be in the same time period as when Team Rocket got its act together and became a fully-fledged interational crime syndicate, or will there be a document/ NPCs talking about it somewhere in the story? If it is the first scenarion, you can't really include Gold, Kris or Silver because they wouldn't have even been born yet if you're going by Team Rocket canon.

I'm not really sure about the Rockets, Aqua and Magma all coming together to preform the 'take over the world' scenario. Magma and Aqua hate each others guts, so co-operating would be the last thing they'd want to do. Factor in the prime motivations for each team (Rockets: They want power, but not neccessarily enough to rule the world with an iron fist [This can generally be boiled down to a desire for financial power] - Aqua: Expand the seas at the cost of the land - Magma: Expand the land at the cost of the seas) and you can see that there is little to no common ground between the teams on a motivational level at least.

Quote:
Im just tryng to explain the Jist of the story insted of the full thing because Im trying to make it unexpected yet good enough to say"THIS IS WHAT NINTENDO SHOULDVE MADE!!!"
I have no problems with trying to keep your story somewhat secret, but most of what you put up earlier was not enough for me to adequately evaluate your story.