View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2009 (12:02 AM).
Im comin' home...
Silver Tier
Nature: Gentle
Originally Posted by rokrdude View Post
1) Thanks but can u post for ruby as well as im hacking ruby
(tried to search on emerald basis in ruby but no luck)

In Emerald: go to Route 121 and use the warp there to enter the Safari Zone gatehouse (23.0). There should be one green square labeled 'S' inside which you should decompile. Search the document for 0x1F4 and replace any instance of it with your new value (remember to convert to hex!).

How do i wrap to a position there isnt any wrap command given in script of 3 persons in safari zone entrance

2) Instead of creating a different script,isn't there any method so that instead of birch giving
regional dex he gives national dex( I mean any specials like there is one in firered) in ruby game

If there is no other way can anyone tell me

Can i put the 4 lines
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A
just after the one flag for shoes(in moms script ) is set

The thing is if a edit the script and insert the 4 lines i dont get option to save
all i get is save as option which saves the script as rbc,rbh etc
How Im suppose to edit the script
pls help
Unfortunately, no, there is no special or flag that activates the national pokedex in Ruby Version.
Instead of adding those 4 lines to another script, just make your own script, it isn't that hard, here I'll give you one to use.

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
checkflag 0x801
if b_true goto @exit
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A

#org @exit

Yes, I know the lock/release aren't needed, but it is a good idea to include them in Every script you make aside from a level script that might not need it.

Now, to add this into your ROM is simple.
There are 2 ways of doing this, I'll tell you one, the other, you should read the guide that comes with XSE (If you are using it, if so, open XSE and press F2)

To insert this, open up XSE, and click "File" then click "Open"

Once you have the open file prompt opened up, switch the file type to GBA, and open your game up.
Your ROM is now loaded.
Now copy/paste the script I gave you into XSE, and hit the COMPILE button. (The button that kinda looks like 2 gears, it isn't that hard to miss...)

You should now see a new window pop-up, this is the compiler log.
At the bottom of it, in a spot called "Dynamic Offsets" it should show you a list of offsets, and a list of offset names.
(If you are working off of a clean ROM, you should see:

@start 800000
@exit 800025)

Now, click on @start, and hit the COPY button next to it.

At this point, you will want to open up A-Map, and go to Birch's lab (Where he gives you the Pokedex...)
You are going to want to switch to the "Events" tab, and increase the number of scripts by 1. (Unless the exit of his lab takes up more spots)

Move the script events that were added in front of the warp spots on the door.
Set both of their Var Num/ Unknown to 4050 and 0003 respectively.

In the "Script Offset" field, put in the offset that the compiler showed you.
No just move the script(s) on top of the "warp" tiles, aaaannnnddd...
Congrats, you have successfully inserted that script.
Now, after Birch gives you the Pokedex, just walk out of the lab and you will have the National Pokedex!

Remember, don't rely so much on other people's help, try to do things on your own, and I must insist...

Have a nice day.
>Boot Jailbot
>Pass *****
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...