Editing the Aqua/Magma Logo
View Single Post
December 23rd, 2009 (09:46 AM). Edited April 15th, 2010 by hashtag.
im sexy and i know it
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Taylor Swift
In Pokemon Emerald, right before you battle a Team Aqua member, or a Team Magma member, an image of their respective team logo appears. This is what I mean:
And then the battle proceeds...
Anyways, I've figured out how to hack the logo that appears. In this tutorial, I will be modifying the Team Magma logo into the Team Rocket logo:
First of all, these are the programs you'll need:
*unLZ.GBA (It doesn't matter if you use HackMew's version or not, but for this tutorial I'm using HackMew's)
*Pokemon Emerald rom
1. First of all, open up unLZ, your Pokemon Emerald rom, and then go to 278. On SelectPal, select a palette that displays 16 different colors, such as 18. Then click on Save As:
2. Click on 'Next', which will take you to 279. Click on Raw Dump.
3. Now just to see if the image is correct, open up NTME, and then for the tileset, select the image you saved. Then go to Load Raw, and select the other file you saved.
Well, look! It's the Team Magma logo. That's what were going to modify.
4. Now here comes the hard part. Make a TileSet of the image you want to change the logo into. What I did, is make the logo, and then turn it into an 8x8 grid, and then delete all repeated tiles, and then put them into the image you saved.
5. Now with NTME, create your new image, then save it as a .raw file.
6. Now go back to unLZ, and go to 278.
Select your new tileset
, and then click 'Write to Rom'.
7. Click 'Next', which will take you to 279. Click on File ---> Load Raw, and select the file you made with NTME. Then click 'Write to Rom'.
8. Alright! Now let's test it out!
And that's your final result! Additionally, you can use APE to change the palette too. You can also use this tutorial for almost anything you can find in unLZ with a TileSet and a raw file right after it.
HackMew - I used his hacked unLZ.gba
Larsie13 - For his tutorial on how to edit the worldmap
D-Trogh - I used NTME
DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource
Custom Sugimori-style Pokémon Sprite Resource
Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Chaos Rush
Find threads started by Chaos Rush
Ignore Posts by Chaos Rush