Day Night System - By Interdpth & ZodiacDaGreat
View Single Post
December 30th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Goldenrod City, Johto
The reason that you guys are all having these problems is because they switched over to a different kind of RTC (and therefore, D&N) and left the other RTC and D&N in the ROM. If there are no other places with pointers, my guess is that you'd have to do this:
1. Back up your ROM.
2. Open a version of your ROM in your preferred hex editor (
YOU MUST HAVE D&N INSTALLED
) and a clean FR/LG ROM, whichever one you have.
3. Navigate to 0x4B0 in both ROMs.
4. Select the entire 0x4B0 line in your FR ROM and copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl+C, for all n00bs).
5. Paste the line into your FireRed ROM, and if asked, use the Overwrite function.
6. Go to 0xAF0000 in your ROM and select the entire block of coding. It ends at the start of the FFs on the other side.
7. Fill the block with FFs.
8. Save and test it out.
EDIT: No, it does not work. It merely crashes.
EDIT 2: Yes, it works! Only thing is, you must have already crashed your ROM by implementing the new D&N. Then follow the steps above. Or follow the steps above, and then run D&N. Either way, if you don't do either one, your ROM will end up
My other resources:
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Last edited by diegoisawesome; December 30th, 2009 at
View Public Profile
Send a private message to diegoisawesome
Visit diegoisawesome's homepage!
Find all posts by diegoisawesome
Find threads started by diegoisawesome
Ignore Posts by diegoisawesome