Thread: [Demo] Pokemon Indigo League
View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Krazy_Meerkat
I was having thoughts of releasing a demo of what the game is like with the starterkit.. Maybe I'll make a demo I'm not sure..
The game is currently undergoing massive changes, I've decided to put Pokemon Essentials Starter-Kit in the bin.. It was what I had originally envisioned for the game, but I just don't want this game to fall into the same category as any other fan-game.
I've come up with a new battle system that will change the whole feel of the game, and I've also modified an already-excellent engine for displaying the map (it will incorporate the 8-way movement in a unique way ;)). This time I know we will stand out here!
Of course all of the maps will stay relatively the same and the storyline still hasn't changed, we're making the pokemon series in a game here.
A couple of things are going to need to be slowly scripted in (like the pokedex, menu's and message windows) due to the binning of the starter-kit, but I'm cool with it.. You know any offers to help would be greatly appreciated, but I have the power to do it myself and I will continue to prove it if necessary.
Currently we're still testing for lag, and I'm working on the battle system, and this is indeed a setback but it's provided a much better experience so far.
You just wait till I show a screen of the new engine ;)

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.