View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2010 (10:35 AM). Edited March 26th, 2010 by 00Vampire.

Nature: Relaxed
UPDATE :D

Hey. Been a while with no updates. Sorry about that.
Still been working on the game though, and making steady progress.

A few changes to the game:
  • I've removed the "Pay Bills" feature
  • I'm redesigning some of the system graphics
  • I'll be including Johto Pokemon now too
  • I've made some changes to the start of the game*
* You can now choose where you would like to start the game. There are four possible choices:

As you can see, at least three of them tells you what sort of Pokemon reside in that area. The reason behind this is because it will affect what type of Starter Pokemon you have.

After you have gone through the whole intro thing, you choose your hometown. The first bit of storyline (and also the first errand) is completely unique to each hometown, and involves you capturing one of the Pokemon that live in the area.

Which hometown would you pick?

More updates soon.

Quote originally posted by jrookie:
#1:Legendaries
Legendaries should be made stronger. Since you dont have the actual number for stats etc, and you have the growth rate thingy for gyms and trainer battle, i suggest you make legendaries a tougher challenge as compare to the character's current growth rate, that is no matter what level you are, legendaries will always be stronger and in the "Danger" gauge zone (maybe 20 "levels" higher in terms of ability and skills)....Also, a caught legendaries will not listen to your command until your growth rate is on par with it's level.
Definately. Agreed. Something like that. Legendaries will actually be legendary lol.

Quote originally posted by jrookie:
#2: Starter
Let's have some new triangle instead of the boring fire/grass/water, we add dual type

Fire/Dark (Houndoom)
Water/Psychic (Slowbro)
Grass/Fighting (Breloom)

Dark>Psychic>Fighting, but Grass>Water>Fire
Technically, type advantages doesn't play a big role here.

Defensive play will choose slowbro, offensive will take breloom, while houndoom for diverse movepool
Sorry, but I've stuck with the Fire/Grass/Water triangle, sort of. At least if you don't want one of them you could choose to start your game in Tukimus Town - many different types of Pokemon there.