View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2010, 06:55 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
So far as what I've heard... the next generation handheld will be the Nintendo 3DS. Which I am 100% sure that the 5th generation Pokémon games will be on that new handheld which will be shown at this year's E3 (on June 15th, 2010).

Which basically means we'll be even more stuck in the past in ROM hacking if we cannot make a 4th generation map editor.
I'm pretty sure the 5th generation will have actual models of characters rather than sprites. As far as I'm conserned... we aren't getting anywhere in creating a map editor for the 4th generation. Man I wish I knew how to program, then I possibly might be able to create one.

Models, blocks, offsets, scripts, movement permissions, and boarder blocks. Those are the things I've realized in the 4th generation. If only if I learned how to make programs and all that... it could be possible I would've made one by now.
Sadly... I have to take many courses before I would be able to know how to make programs. Which would possibly take a very long time indeed (probably about 6 or more years).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket's Raichu View Post
There is a map VIEWER for the fourth generation. Which can be found here. It may not be a map editor, but a map viewer is a step in the right direction.
A map viewer would be indeed be good enough in viewing the maps and all that... all we need now is something to be able to edit all of that. The question is... how?

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!