Hello. I'm Ray.
Let's get to the point. If you're here, you probably don't know how/struggling to insert tiles. That's what I'm going to teach you.
Tool used: PhotoFiltre
Well if you don't download this, you'll have problems with this tutorial. However, you can still insert tiles with another program like paint or photoshop.
I guarantee it's the best tool for tile inserting and it'll help you a lot.
Here's the steps.
1. Open the tiles you want to insert in PhotoFiltre.
2. Select the colour picker and check if the colour codes (Red, Green and Blue or R G B) are multiples of 8.
Yeah, they are in this screenshot.
The colours need to be multiples of 8 because only then the ROM recognises the colours.
3. Locate all the colours of the tile with the colour picker (Must be 15 or less) and put them in a row like this:
4. Open A-map, look for this icon:
This is how the program looks:
5. Then we need to make sure the colours of the tile exist in the pallette. That's why we gathered the colours in step 3. Now start editing R G and B of each colour, so it is the same with the tile's pallette in step 3. (Row doesn't matter)
(Select the black space, then the tile. It's like a puzzle!)
Background of the tile.
(Use other black spaces or replace other tiles to make the rest of the tile.)
*The tileset is separated by 8x8 mini blocks.
*The size of a normal tile is 16x16 (You can select the tile with the mouse tool and look down PhotoFiltre, you see the size)
*If something weird happens to the tileset, expanding glitch (Don't use the expanded space!) or surpressing, click Write Pallette Changes.
The end! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.