View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2010, 05:11 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid
I was trying to use special 0x13 to change a Pokemon's happiness, but couldn't get it to work. I have an adoption house for abused Pokemon, so if someone adopts, in this case, a Rattata, I want it to have low happiness.

So I make the script only work if you have 5 or less Pokemon in your party. Then, after I used the give pokemon command, I use countpokemon to determine how many are there so that I can set variable 0x8004 to the right number. Like, if the player has 6 Pokemon after "adopting" Rattata, I have the script go to this:

Code:
setvar 0x8004 0x5
setvar 0x8005 0x13C
special 0x13
which, from my understanding, should make Rattata's base happiness be reduced by 60 (as 3C is 60 in hex, and you add 1 to the beginning to subtract from happiness). But when I have the guy rate its happiness, its still at its base happiness (70).

I've tried different things, including using special 0x6 with it, but nothing made it work for me. I'm moving on from it now, because it's not that important, but I was just wondering if there was anything I could do to make it work properly?