View Single Post
Old June 7th, 2010, 03:20 PM
brokenxnote

Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Looks intresting, will screenshots be up soon?
No, I need to fix this script first somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikt View Post
I like the story so far. It's got a certain flair to it. Gary Oak being the professor is something I approve of, even if the introduction is somewhat similar to RSE. (Only they are trainers and not Pokemon.) Still, it's evident you put a lot of thought into it.

I'll keep my eye on your posts.

The only thing that bothers me, or irks me really, is the team. Like most teams on here, I feel it is just uninspired or shoved into the story because "all Pokemon games have them". Honestly, they are just Team Rocket / Galactic / Magma / Aqua with a different name and tweaked goals. Also; the Pokemon controlling every aspect of nature? What exactly does that encompass? Because, most legendaries already fit that role. Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza cover the Water, Earth, and Skies respectively. Lugia controls currents. Ho-Oh controls fire and rebirth. (Loosely) While Shaymin controls flowers. I think you see where I'm going.

It's not ripping on you so much as wanting to see something unique and different in your story. The basis of it is already solid, and I enjoyed it, so I'd like to see that continue throughout the rest of the game.
-Thank you :D I like having Gary be the Professor too. It's something that I thought Nintendo would've done by now, considering the anime storyline, but I guess not. Oh well, leaves it for me to use haha.

-The team will actually have a deeper story than in official games. Expect them to be more involved in the actual storyline than it seems. I just don't want to give away too much of the story, or else what will be left to surprise the players of the game? ;] haha

-The legendaries are actually an old idea, and I did think of Groundon and Kyogre while writing the story for my thread. However, I do have ideas as to how to avoid continuity issues with the canon of the official story, so expect that in a future update. I'm working on it in Notepad right now actually.

Last edited by brokenxnote; June 7th, 2010 at 03:53 PM.