The Monotpye Nuzlocke Challenge
View Single Post
June 26th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NSW, Australia
That's right! A combination of two great challenges, the Monotype and Nuzlocke challenges! In this challenge, you will play through a game(s) using only one type, and abiding to the rules of Nuzlocke!
Abide to the rules at all times
1. If any of your pokemon in your party faint, it is counted as "dead". You must release it or shove it in a PC box for all eternity...
2. Revives are not allowed to be used
3. Whenever you arrive at a new town or route, you may only catch one pokemon there. (modified rule of first pokemon you see only)
4. You can only use pokeballs to catch pokemon
5. You may only buy 10 of each item from each pokemart
6. You must have your battle options set to SET rather than SWITCH, meaning you cannot predict your foes next pokemon
7. You can only heal in-battle
8. If all you party pokemon faint and you have no backups then you lose.
1. You may only use pokemon of one type.
2. You may only use your starter pokemon (if it's not of your chosen type) until you can get one pokemon of the type, whether from trading or wild encounter.
3. HM Slaves are allowed, but not to be used in battles
1. When receiving pokemon from trades, you can only:
a. Receive 2 pokemon per badge you have, + 2 pokemon before first badge
b. Receive as eggs so no boosted experience
2. Legendaries are not allowed
3. There is a limit of 2 HM slaves at a time
4. There are two types of the challenge, Ultimate and Single. Ultimate is completing all games with these rules, in the order of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Single is only completing one game. When registering, please specify which you will participate in
Name: eg. Steven Hawking
Type: eg. Fire
Game Order: eg, Red, Silver, Sapphire, Diamond
Name: eg. Albert Einstein
Type: eg. Water
Game: eg. HeartGold
Hall of Fame (Completion):
Essence | Grass Type | FR/HG/E/D
I currently have no banners, if you CAN make banners for me, it would be greatly appreciated.
Good luck and have fun with this challenging challenge!
P.S. I have completed this challenge, so it is definitely possible
Last edited by Essence; June 27th, 2010 at
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Essence
Find all posts by Essence
Find threads started by Essence
Ignore Posts by Essence